Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
I'm wanting to do full suspension hanging in my apartment (I live alone, so no worries about privacy or noise), but I'm not sure if I'm able to find a good anchor point for it. There aren't any fixtures on the ceiling that I can use. I thought about getting one of those pull-up bars that mount on a doorway and putting that over the door to my bathroom, but I'm not sure if I'll be suspended off the ground enough for it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's a rental, so I'm not able to drill any holes into it, which severely limits my options. There's a clothing rack in my closet that I could probably use for partial, but from what I read and understood partial has a considerably lower chance of success. I'd much rather do this in my own space, but I may have to start scouting other potential locations...

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
What I set up is putting the rope over the door, and then tying one end to the doorhandle and the other end is the noose around your neck. You can close the door for extra sturdiness. It wont be possible in all apartments but I have quite strong doors and handles.

S

scubadam

just a guy trying to find peace
Aug 4, 2024
It's a rental, so I'm not able to drill any holes into it, which severely limits my options.
why can't you do that though? the person who you're renting the place from will have to clean up anyways, so I guess a single hole wouldn't make much difference in that situation.

good luck!

Reactions: opheliaoveragain
Chr0nicAnhedonic

Chr0nicAnhedonic

So much for stardust...
Oct 1, 2023
why can't you do that though? the person who you're renting the place from will have to clean up anyways, so I guess a single hole wouldn't make much difference in that situation.

good luck!
That's a fair point, I was just thinking about the possibility of failure and didn't want to rack up a fee or something. I'd have to make absolutely sure it kills me in that case.

Reactions: scubadam and opheliaoveragain