W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
What do you guys think of this?
I agree with some of them, especially the fact of being a myth that we ctb because we just want to get some attention. Ridiculous!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, TotallyIsolated and noname223
eclipse

eclipse

Apr 14, 2021
People like simple answers, especially when dealing with an overwhelming situation like the threat of someone close being in danger of killing themselves. This isn't meant as an accusation, I believe it's general human psychology. Thing is, simple answers are often very wrong and may not help at all.

One of the stupidest myths is "if you're talking about it, that means you're not going to do it". I don't think I have to further comment on that one.

• Aww..
Reactions: Bigpink, Isisnefert and bea1974
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
One of the stupidest myths is "if you're talking about it, that means you're not going to do it". I don't think I have to further comment on that one.

You're goddamn right!
So ridiculous!!

• Aww..
Reactions: Isisnefert
I

I want to end it

Arcanist
Apr 29, 2018
The idea that if you "talk about your problems" you will feel better. Biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. What does talking about a problem achieve? I want solutions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, DarkWolf, bea1974 and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The idea that if you "talk about your problems" you will feel better. Biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard.

It should be "Talk about your problems so that we can send you to a psych ward" lol

Reactions: Isisnefert, I want to end it, noname223 and 1 other person
eclipse

eclipse

Apr 14, 2021
Yeah about that thing with "if you talk to a therapist about it they'll send you to a psych ward". That greatly depends on the particular therapist/psychiatrist you're talking to. In psychiatry, I was told to please talk about my suicidal thoughts. When I finally did after they gained some trust from me, the therapist immediately threatened me with institutionalisation. The lesson I instantly learned was: do not talk about it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Carrotcake, Isisnefert, FuneralCry and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The myth that we ctb to get attention is so pathetic. That view comes from ignorant pro lifers and people in medical professions. It's the same doctors who say a physical illness is all in your head.
I think talking about your problems is definitely better on an anonymous website here rather than in real life.

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert, TotallyIsolated and WornOutLife
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Should read Thomas Joiner's book Myths About Suicide, probably the closest thing that relates to us and said in a matter of fact tone than what the Youtube video says.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, Ame and WornOutLife
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Suicide was the easy option. When i was younger i thought i just had to take some medication and then i was gone.