• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I came across this, I thought some of you might be interested.

Suicide memes may be a form of therapy
video.vice.com/en_uk/video/suicide-memes-may-be-a-form-of-therapy/597fa3cd0447893c283ddc02

Here's a funny one I found. I'm not necessarily trying to make this thread a post your suicide meme thread. I just thought I would post that one.
ocdpx6wc2x431.jpg

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Interesting, feel the same looking back. It would be interesting if we could see some actual scientific research on the subject.

Reactions: Baskol1
catharticEscapism

catharticEscapism

Aug 31, 2019
This definitely works for me. My Facebook is pretty much the land of memes and like 30% of them are depression or suicide-related memes.

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
Yeah, hopefully this will convince the contingent of people who say "x is never funny." As with every other taboo or morbid subject, there's always someone out there clutching their pearls. A quick google search turned up plenty of articles of this persuasion. This post was particularly laughable:

catharticEscapism

catharticEscapism

Aug 31, 2019
Yeah, hopefully this will convince the contingent of people who say "x is never funny." As with every other taboo or morbid subject, there's always someone out there clutching their pearls. A quick google search turned up plenty of articles of this persuasion. This post was particularly laughable:

I mean, to be fair, I think you're exempt from the judgement if you are said thing. Say, a fat person can make jokes about being a fat. A suicidal person can make jokes about suicide. That kind of thing. I do think some things people should be careful about (like rape), but I suppose I wouldn't protest if the person making the joke had the experience behind it.

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
I can say the afternoon I found the "post your suicide memes" thread here in SS, I got so caught up in looking at all 15 pages in one sitting, sat for a good long while looking at all of them. And laughed my ass off at some of them. Others were painfully true for me and how my life is. But it was definitely cathartic/enjoyable and I felt better. Here's the article I found about it...