C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
I'd like to know if any here on this site could tell me how painful it is/might be... I'm thinking of full suspension, I have a very sturdy place where I can place any type of rope. I just would like to know what I would have to go through.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
If done correctly, it's very painful for up to 40 seconds at most, then you pass out and feel nothing. Death then occurs within about the next 3-8 minutes I think.

Reactions: Wilt-On-High
Alo the obvi alien

Alo the obvi alien

Planner
Jun 20, 2023
I'd like to know if any here on this site could tell me how painful it is/might be... I'm thinking of full suspension, I have a very sturdy place where I can place any type of rope. I just would like to know what I would have to go through.
From reading endless threads on here, as well as attempting myself....it is hard to do and there are less painful, scarring (if not successful) and easier methods.

I am trying a different method. Though more expensive, the results are just going to sleep and not waking up.

C

Coffeandamug

Words are quite useless, and so am I.
Oct 22, 2020
From reading endless threads on here, as well as attempting myself....it is hard to do and there are less painful, scarring (if not successful) and easier methods.

I am trying a different method. Though more expensive, the results are just going to sleep and not waking up.
What methods are you trying?

AmberianDawn

AmberianDawn

Jun 9, 2024
Full hanging makes me panic a little, but the partial one doesn't so much...
Honestly, the video of the girl doing the choking game and fainting after a few seconds seems so promising, and she doesn't even bend down (which is the part that scares me the most about the method), she just leans forward with a necklace :/

Wilt-On-High

Wilt-On-High

I got no distance left to run...
Sep 17, 2024
If done correctly, it's very painful for up to 40 seconds at most, then you pass out and feel nothing. Death then occurs within about the next 3-8 minutes I think.
OMD THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THIS UP I THOUGHT I WAS DOING IT WRONG

B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
Si c'est fait correctement, c'est très douloureux pendant 40 secondes au maximum, puis on s'évanouit et on ne ressent plus rien. La mort survient ensuite dans les 3 à 8 minutes qui suivent, je crois.
40 seconds, really ? My God, it's long !! I thought it was 10-12 seconds maximum...

Melly

Melly

Pain receptacle
Aug 13, 2019
From my experience it's really painful, the pressure makes your head and eyeballs feel like they're going to explode. I pushed through regardless but must've "freed" myself while unconscious, I had the worst headache of my life and didn't feel quite right in my head since. I made several hanging attempts actually and don't remember them that well, but I remember the pain, and I think I must've been doing something wrong. I sure hope people who succeed don't have a time as terrible as I did
I forgot to add, I think it did feel peaceful at some point right before passing out. It's been a few years though and I only remember the pain

Last edited:
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Ok.

And do you think it's extremely painfull ? I mean a terrible pain.
Yes, unfortunately the first part is painful. You can see in videos that many of them look distressed and some even try to grab the rope and pull themselves up (but then they pass out).

S

saadjazz

Mar 16, 2022
From my experience it's really painful, the pressure makes your head and eyeballs feel like they're going to explode. I pushed through regardless but must've "freed" myself while unconscious, I had the worst headache of my life and didn't feel quite right in my head since. I made several hanging attempts actually and don't remember them that well, but I remember the pain, and I think I must've been doing something wrong. I sure hope people who succeed don't have a time as terrible as I did
I forgot to add, I think it did feel peaceful at some point right before passing out. It's been a few years though and I only remember the pain
do you have a permanent headache ?

sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
am i crazy. or stupid. idk but what if one took some drugs that knocked them out whilst in the noose? and then as you pass out you die. i guess it doesn't work if nobody is doing it.

B

babouflo201223

Aug 18, 2024
Suis-je fou ou stupide ? Je ne sais pas, mais que se passerait-il si l'on prenait des drogues qui nous assomment pendant que nous sommes dans le nœud coulant ? Et puis, quand on s'évanouit, on meurt. Je suppose que ça ne marche pas si personne ne le fait.
It was my idea too but indeed it seems difficult because SI is strong. It would need pills (or something else) strong enough to lose consciouness when the head is ready in the correct position with rope around the neck, just before you go down from the chair (in case of complete/full hanging). Maybe something could work ? If you have an idea...

heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
It's painful enough that Robin Williams put a towel put a towel between his neck and the ligature to try to make it hurt less. But it definitely isn't one of the most pleasant methods. Unless it was a person on death row, standing on the gallows, where the trap door would at least make it a quick death(though sometimes things went really badly. I've read horror stories.), it's definitely a method that won't be the most pleasant. Hell, I've seen videos and.....yeesh.

sevennn

sevennn

Student
Sep 11, 2024
It was my idea too but indeed it seems difficult because SI is strong. It would need pills (or something else) strong enough to lose consciouness when the head is ready in the correct position with rope around the neck, just before you go down from the chair (in case of complete/full hanging). Maybe something could work ? If you have an idea...
no clue. i was hoping to do basically the same at one point. but in the water and then drown. but i am not knowledgable on drugs or pills. idk what can make you pass out.

edit: oh wait. i'm not suggesting you do this at all but i know of one case. a woman asked a man to watch as she hangs herself and she huffed something and passed out and died

Last edited:
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I tried now a couple of times and do start to notice some nagging pain in my head. Like it has been under some pressure. But it didn't hurt as much during, as you describe. Prob because I felt myself passing out relatively fast and then got up.

Melly

Melly

Pain receptacle
Aug 13, 2019
do you have a permanent headache ?
No, it left after a few weeks or so. But I probably got some sort of mild brain damage out of it lol. Just mild daily inconveniences that may or may not be related. Not sure what I was like before then so I can't really tell. Could've been worse.
I tried now a couple of times and do start to notice some nagging pain in my head. Like it has been under some pressure. But it didn't hurt as much during, as you describe. Prob because I felt myself passing out relatively fast and then got up.
Yeah I was definitely doing something wrong to be honest. I was following a tutorial but didn't understand it. Awful times.

shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
From personal experience it was painful. Too painful to follow through with. A source on this site had led me to believe it would be relatively painless. I guess I just wasn't thinking about it but it hurt so much. Personally I'm switching to SN.

• Aww..
Reactions: Melly