thatslife

thatslife

Jul 9, 2020
What if the unknown, too, is suffering? I can't seem to shake the feeling that I may be entering an even worse reality if I were to kill myself; not in the sense of a hell, but something that allows suffering to persist.

I'm here in this clown show. I'm conscious and I don't know why. It is absolutely absurd.

Why not more absurdity after death? Why not? I hope things really are lights out, after death.

• Hugs
Reactions: Existingnotliving, Notmadeforthislife and KLUF
J

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Jul 8, 2020
Why not happiness after death? Why not?

The only thing we've ever experienced is what we've seen, heard, and felt with our consciousness. There's always that chance that this will all disappear when you're dead. There's a chance it will not. There's a chance there's an afterlife. There's a chance that there's not.

Everyone dies eventually so decide whether you want to take that chance now or later. Death is a gamble.

• Love
Reactions: iDieUDie80 and Saed
KLUF

KLUF

Jun 16, 2020
As I think, there is the same darkness after death as there is before birth. Do you remember what was before your birth?

Why should there be something after if there's nothing before?

Reactions: Zappfe lover
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
"...To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come"

The unknown is typically one of our greatest fears. Personally, I hope for an afterlife of peace. This is purely the result of my Catholic upbringing. I view "heaven" not as a place, but as a state - a state of perpetual peace - of being forever in the presence of the divine. At the very worst, I think there'll just be nothing. No existence. No suffering. And if that's the worst, then it's still better than right now.

Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
Why not happiness after death? Why not?

The only thing we've ever experienced is what we've seen, heard, and felt with our consciousness. There's always that chance that this will all disappear when you're dead. There's a chance it will not. There's a chance there's an afterlife. There's a chance that there's not.

Everyone dies eventually so decide whether you want to take that chance now or later. Death is a gamble.
Pretty much.

The only certainty we can have is in not having children, because we know that there can't be suffering if there is no life.

N

Notmadeforthislife

Jul 12, 2020
What if the unknown, too, is suffering? I can't seem to shake the feeling that I may be entering an even worse reality if I were to kill myself; not in the sense of a hell, but something that allows suffering to persist.

I'm here in this clown show. I'm conscious and I don't know why. It is absolutely absurd.

Why not more absurdity after death? Why not? I hope things really are lights out, after death.
The uncertainty about the afterlife bothers me as well. I'm afraid of the possibility that the afterlife could actually be worse than this life. Like someone else said, it's a gamble. Everyone has to decide for themselves if it's a risk they want to take.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
As I think, there is the same darkness after death as there is before birth. Do you remember what was before your birth?

Why should there be something after if there's nothing before?

How can we know that there wasn't anything before birth?

(I actually agree with you. Just playing the Devil's advocate.)

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
It's the difference between ctb and dying naturally or accidentally.. that's the fear...
some see death as death regardless of how but I worry that the how determines if what comes next is good or bad.. but will this conscious know? So much unknown and only what you can imagine to believe ..

I'm terrified to ctb but not afraid of natural death .