C

Churaak

Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I would like to ask if it's ok to store SN this way.
It's in plastic bottle, that's the original package.
I got it from the chem company, so I hope the package is quality stuff.
I put the bottle in the plastic bag, which I close.
I am storing it outside though, in a doghouse.
Dog doesn't live there, it's filled with wooden objects.
And since it's in doghouse, rain shouldn't affect it. I hope.
However, I'm not sure about temperature.
On the package it says it's an oxidizing agent that can empower fire.
I hope it will not go boom boom.
Also, it says it's toxic to nature.
But it's sealed, I haven't opened it yet so hopefully nothing will come out.
It's also in a plastic bag,so...

Reactions: sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I don't think this should be a problem

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Homecoming
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
It isn't combustible unless it's on fire, but moisture will be a problem unless the seal is completely airtight.

Reactions: MiseryLovesMyCompany and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You said there is wood in the doghouse. As long as that wood is dry and not growing mold or mildew you know moisture isn't a issue. Temperature shouldn't be a major issue since it's salt.

Reactions: Homecoming
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
It isn't combustible unless it's on fire, but moisture will be a problem unless the seal is completely airtight.

Is a plastic bottle with a twist-off lid considered an airtight seal? I would think it is but I am riddled with doubt.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
It's sounds like we have the same packaging for SN, I'm also interested in answer about it's storage.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Those little machines that you can get to vacuum pack food to keep it fresh is worth looking at.

Reactions: voidman
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Just make sure it's dry and sealed as tightly as possible, those are the two biggest issues for storage. Otherwise it should last for years afaik

Those little machines that you can get to vacuum pack food to keep it fresh is worth looking at.
Also a good idea; especially if you're thinking about longer term storage

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, voidman and Meditation guide
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Is a plastic bottle with a twist-off lid considered an airtight seal? I would think it is but I am riddled with doubt.
I'm honestly not 100% sure because this is my situation as well. I haven't opened mine at all and I'm not sure whether it has one of those paper deals under the lid or not. It should be good enough if it's the original bottle unopened.

Reactions: Rn110bg101
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
I'm honestly not 100% sure because this is my situation as well. I haven't opened mine at all and I'm not sure whether it has one of those paper deals under the lid or not. It should be good enough if it's the original bottle unopened.

I mean I opened it to test it. It will have to be opened a couple times throughout the process. Starting to think we are being overly paranoid about it but we'll see I guess.

Reactions: voidman
R

ReluctantSeeker

Mar 5, 2021
Just make sure it's dry and sealed as tightly as possible, those are the two biggest issues for storage. Otherwise it should last for years afaik

Also a good idea; especially if you're thinking about longer term storage
I did some reading on vacuum seal machines/bags and read that the bag seals tend to fail after a year or so. Most of the air would probably be still excluded from the bag (because most of the internal space was sucked out prior to sealing and all thats left is just the sides of the bag close against whatever you sealed inside) but it would still allow tiny amounts of air in. That air would then meet whatever resistance the cap/seal on the internal container has.