divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Someone just posted on a local social media forum how "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and everyone was commenting how one just has to get help and it will all be better! And how selfish it is to do to other people. The few people who said its their body and their choice were ridiculed by everyone No, Becky not everyone can get "better" ..

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, lizzywizzy09, Loona KLD and 14 others
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
I mean there are ways to cope, depending on what the individuals considers acceptable to alleviate their suffering. But ya people don't realize when you can't be treated, what that's like. I have experience in this, in a lot of ways.

• Love
Reactions: kinderbueno and divinemistress36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The fact that ceasing to exist is permanent is exactly why it appeals to me personally, I only hope to permanently not exist, I hope to never suffer in this cruel, torturous existence ever again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Loona KLD, myusername890, kinderbueno and 2 others
magicalsarcoma

magicalsarcoma

sending love to cats
Apr 4, 2022
people are not able to empathize with what they themselves have not experienced... so it is partly good - those people have bypassed suffering, so they cannot sympathize with us. I think it is good that not all of us suffer from the truth

• Love
Reactions: myusername890, betternever2havbeen, kinderbueno and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
people are not able to empathize with what they themselves have not experienced... so it is partly good - those people have bypassed suffering, so they cannot sympathize with us. I think it is good that not all of us suffer from the truth
They are very fortunate

Reactions: lizzywizzy09, betternever2havbeen and magicalsarcoma
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Someone just posted on a local social media forum how "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and everyone was commenting how one just has to get help and it will all be better! And how selfish it is to do to other people. The few people who said its their body and their choice were ridiculed by everyone No, Becky not everyone can get "better" ..
I don't know if I'm more annoyed by how stupid the quote is on its face or how condescending the oversimplification is.

• Love
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, Loona KLD, uglyugly and 3 others
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Someone just posted on a local social media forum how "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and everyone was commenting how one just has to get help and it will all be better!
These platitudes are largely unhelpful, but I can appreciate that they'll usually come from a well-intentioned place from that of the speaker, even if they're... somewhat low-effort...

And how selfish it is to do to other people.
Sentiments like this, on the other hand, get my blood boiling... The ignorance, overwhelming.

The few people who said its their body and their choice were ridiculed by everyone
And how patently unacceptable it is to lash out like that against anyone who even remotely hints at being suicidally inclined. You never know what can push someone over the edge. People are so irresponsible and reckless, going at someone like that... Again, the ignorance is so overwhelming.

All in all, yeah, that's mostly expected and part of why I don't bother with social media.

Hopefully your local dimwit, Becky, didn't cost you too many brain cells.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: lovelesslifeless and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
These platitudes are largely unhelpful, but I can appreciate that they'll usually come from a well-intentioned place from that of the speaker, even if they're... somewhat low-effort...

Sentiments like this, on the other hand, get my blood boiling... The ignorance, overwhelming.

And how patently unacceptable it is to lash out like that against anyone who even remotely hints at being suicidally inclined. You never know what can push someone over the edge. People are so irresponsible and reckless, going at someone like that... Again, the ignorance is so overwhelming.

All in all, yeah, that's mostly expected and part of why I don't bother with social media.

Hopefully your local dimwit, Becky, didn't cost you too many brain cells.
This made me laugh thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: -Link-
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
None of us asked to be born and to have problems. I mean using their own logic why is it selfish because of other people-surely their grief will be temporary too if they've declared that everything the suicidal person is facing is temporary?

Reactions: ashtoreth
destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Experienced
Feb 16, 2024
The average person doesnt even think before he/she speaks. Their NPC brain has not thought about suicide enough to have an informed opinion on it. So basically they're parotting what they've heard in other place. Its important to put ourselves in another persons position before we come to a conclusion. But who has time for any critical thinking these days

Reactions: Loona KLD, lnlybnny, myusername890 and 2 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
None of us asked to be born and to have problems. I mean using their own logic why is it selfish because of other people-surely their grief will be temporary too if they've declared that everything the suicidal person is facing is temporary?
I agree they may be sad and always have a hole in their heart if they care about the person who ctb but their life will still go on and they will still be able to work, have hobbys, joy,relationships ect

I

InTheAbyss

Jul 30, 2024
Not everyone can be saved.

I've seen similar comments on euthanasia here once it was expanded to allow non terminal people to apply for it. That it was a "permanent solution to a temporary problem". Which is part of the reason they are fighting to shutdown the second expansion of it here.

Since it's been denied me so far. When I finally ctb, I'm hoping there's nothing but oblivion on the other side.

Reactions: lnlybnny and divinemistress36
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I feel part of that is probably denial. They don't wanna believe the world can be cruel, random and depression can be largely out of a persons control. They simply don't want to believe it

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I feel part of that is probably denial. They don't wanna believe the world can be cruel, random and depression can be largely out of a persons control. They simply don't want to believe it
You are right they must be in denial

ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
It's just mindless dribble, that they probably heard someone else say, and because it sounds profound they think that it's the solution to preventing people from CTB'ing, that if only suicidal people where to be told that there problem are just minuscule and don't actually matter they'll wake up from there trance and will begin valuing "the gift that is life". There is absolutely no meaning behind those words, they are advocating against suicide so that they can gain the social credit of doing such, not out of actual concern for those suffering. That's why they post it on a public forum, so that other can see there virtuous stance, that makes them look so caring, with out actually doing anything more than spewing out already commonly held opinions.

Last edited:
  • Love
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
The issue with calling it a temporary problem is my problem *is* fixable I just literally cant do it myself. No one gives a shit about and no one wants to fix it. I was the victim of crimes something in which is an international human right yet no one gives a fuck. They aren't saying you are wrong. It's just no one fucking cares about *you*. In that case cool let me die and don't punish me for feeling a certain way when I've lost literally everything as a result.

• Hugs
Reactions: uglyugly and divinemistress36
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Don't you mean, "No Karen, not everyone csan get 'better'."

^^^pfpšŸ˜

• Yay!
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Oh...yeah...duh. Just stop being suicidal. We've been overcomplicating it.

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: Loona KLD, divinemistress36 and ashtoreth
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I think some people do kill themselves over fixable problems, and some have problems that can never be fixed. Blanket statements like that are unhelpful, but they roll off the tongue easily.