J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
Sodium Nitrates why do most members on here want to die this way? Is it painless way

Reactions: Pen>Sword
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Sodium nitrite.
From the goodbye threads here to the megathread and stans guide its recorded to be generally painless with mild discomfort.
Its also fast and you're supposed to be passed out before anything potentially painful begins, so its a popular method.
edit: Its also said to have little to no lasting side effects if failed, unlike hanging or jumping.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolGuy9, Hurt, MyBrokenBrain and 2 others
Ameya

Ameya

A nobody
Mar 22, 2021
I think swallowing something is much more easier than doing something like hanging or jumping. Another reason might be that SN has less risks than hanging. It is not completely risk free, but blood choking can make you completely paralyzed if you fail the attempt. Making the effects of a failed SN attempt are much more easier to reverse. Tha'ts only for the risk factors

I personally don't know if SN is totally painless. I never had ace's to it sadly. No method is painless, except euthanasia. Overall it is hard to say.

Reactions: Jkennedy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think SN is easier to access than N so they would choose that. All they have to do is drink it, and many alternative methods such as hanging and jumping require suppressing survival instinct.

Reactions: listeningpost1379, ward_0x, Pen>Sword and 1 other person
J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
Can't I just get the powder and mix it into a liquid or u gotta buy it as a liquid solution
Screenshot 20210529 224027 comandroidchrome

Reactions: Pen>Sword
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-a-comprehensive-guide-including-method.25148/

J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-a-comprehensive-guide-including-method.25148/
I read this before
I thought this stuff was hard to get a hold of quick Google search and there you go!

Screenshot 20210529 234826 comandroidchrome

Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
It depends on where you are when it comes to how hard it is to get ahold of safely.

J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
I read on another page that a load of people suffered via this method?

Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
I read on another page that a load of people suffered via this method?
I believe its possible to suffer from this but if done correctly the chances are extremely low.
Don't do anything you don't believe is right for you. Never rush into things like this.

J

Jkennedy

Knocking on death's door
May 20, 2021
I don't think I've got any choose now other than ctb life took a turn for thee worsted, don't wanna stick around any longer
Don't fancy suffering tho so if this is a good way in ensuring that then it's good for me. I do t like the sound of turning blue for a loved one to find me

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
If you look at some of the SN threads, you'll see that SN is NOT a peaceful method, at least until the person falls unconscious. Perhaps some people get lucky and fall unconscious pretty quickly, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

I suppose that it's a popular method like some people have said because it's easier to knock something back than hang yourself or jump off a building. I'd rather overdose on drugs, but I wouldn't recommend that either. Remember that SN is a POISON at those dosages.

I'll never use SN as a suicide method. Unfortunately I can't go into any further details as to why I won't choose that method.

Last edited:
Reactions: Efilismislife
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
I read this before
I thought this stuff was hard to get a hold of quick Google search and there you go!

View attachment 69004
Just because you can search it doesn't mean you can actually get it yourself.
Most, if not all, of the results you find there you won't be able to get hold of. They won't send them out to you, without certain requirements.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Its not that easy to get in the UK. Most people have to order from Poland or the USA and get a mail forwarding service to post it over. Not a big deal but it does add to the time and cost which might be a factor for some.

As for why, I suppose its because its seen as pretty peaceful and passive and is not dangerous to others as other poison methods like CO or H2S.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
For me, it would be perfect except for the fact that I can't drink alcohol if I'm gonna drink SN and my dream is to die while being happy and drunk but well, I can deal with it.

N would be my fav choice, though.