D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
I am finding conflicting information on suicide by shotgun on whether or not it's better to put it to the side of head or in the mouth. I plan on ctb this method and just curious what ppl think. I am hoping whichever way that it happens so fast that I won't feel any pain or even hear the gun go off.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Amumu, Un- and 1 other person
siray

siray

the crucified
Dec 28, 2018
I am finding conflicting information on suicide by shotgun on whether or not it's better to put it to the side of head or in the mouth. I plan on ctb this method and just curious what ppl think. I am hoping whichever way that it happens so fast that I won't feel any pain or even hear the gun go off.
Through the mouth will almost achieve instant unconsciousness, guaranteed death. Though I suppose a shot to the side of the head should also achieve a similar result, most experts on the firearm megathread however advise through the mouth as the impact will be mostly directed at the brainstem.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: eureka8, _Minsk, deathisnear and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Most people prefer the mouth with the right angle. With a big caliber.

Side of the head is riskier.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and deathisnear
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
Kinda confirms what i read as well, feel like in the mouth would be better and also side of head is harder to maintain control of the gun i would think too. Mouth it is, can't wait to finally do it.

Reactions: _Minsk
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
damage to both brain hemispheres is pretty lethal too so it's not like temple won't kill you. mouth is quicker though (instant death).

• Love
Reactions: deathisnear
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I don't think you can go wrong with a shotgun unless you aim under the chin. Placement is more important for handguns, I'm told, but intraoral was the placement of choice in the guns megathread.

• Love
Reactions: eureka8 and deathisnear
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
Instant is what I'm most interested in, I have seen the horror stories of under the chin, so i'd definitely not to that. I was planning on the mouth and then I read something about side of the head, but I can picture myself fucking that up and the gun moving when I pull the trigger because it's not stable. So mouth it will be. Now to get the job done, pulling the trigger is easier said than done, but it's gotta happen and it will.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu