RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
How much pain would there really be, if you were to shoot yourself through the mouth angled correctly with a 12 gauge shotgun using correct ammunition?

Would there be any pain at all? Maybe 1/10'th of a second?

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Crazy4u, Hazelnut, purplesmoothie and 3 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If you hit the brian stem zero. You'd be out instantly.

Reactions: Wayfaerer, TAW122 and builtwrong
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I can't say for sure there is no way to feel pain but without a brain that's all in one piece I don't see how anyone would.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: almost_dead
O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
How much pain would there really be, if you were to shoot yourself through the mouth angled correctly with a 12 gauge shotgun using correct ammunition?

Did you see Ronnie mcnutt video? It was instant, very graphic and he didn't shoot himself through mouth. Just directly on neck and blew his face off...instant death. Wish it wasn't so gruesome though...

Reactions: DFFP, BetterInthanOut, sadstuffie and 3 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Absolutely no pain whatsoever. The speed that your nerves would send the pain signal to your brain will be considerably slower than the speed of the projectile and concussion. When you have a shotgun, death is as easy as snapping your fingers.
Did you see Ronnie mcnutt video? It was instant, very graphic and he didn't shoot himself through mouth. Just directly on neck and blew his face off...instant death. Wish it wasn't so gruesome though...

I don't know, it probably wasn't an instant death sadly. You must destroy the brain stem for it to be instant. I would never risk shooting myself unless it was through the mouth angled toward brain stem.

Last edited:
Reactions: purplesmoothie and marcusuk63
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I'm not going for the head. I'm too worried about surviving that. It'll probably be more painful but it'll be more certain, I'm going like how musician Mark Linkous did. Shotgun blast to the heart.

Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
If you have the stomach for it, get on liveleak and search for botched suicides. Quite a few shotgun ones there. According to lostallhope, shotgun to the head is the most successful way with about 99% success rate. But damn, that last 1%... After seeing those pics and videos I would never use a shotgun.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
If you have the stomach for it, get on liveleak and search for botched suicides. Quite a few shotgun ones there. According to lostallhope, shotgun to the head is the most successful way with about 99% success rate. But damn, that last 1%... After seeing those pics and videos I would never use a shotgun.

Those failures are due to people pointing the shotgun under their chin and blowing their face off instead of their brain. Trust me, if you put the barrel in your mouth and you use factory ammunition, YOU. WILL. NOT. SURVIVE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emily_Numb and flank
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
I`ve seen a few videos on theync and i`m pretty sure they didnt have time to feel pain . in my experience of pain , motorbike crashes , run over by a tractor , dropping large slab of concrete on my foot last year and having to wear one clown shoe for a while etc there is a delay in feeling the pain , usually when you look at the damage lol

Attachments

• DSC_084.JPG
    DSC_084.JPG
    934.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Wow
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: L I F E T O L O S E, Hazelnut, Wisdom3_1-9 and 1 other person
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
Those failures are due to people pointing the shotgun under their chin and blowing their face off instead of their brain. Trust me, if you put the barrel in your mouth and you use factory ammunition, YOU. WILL. NOT. SURVIVE.
Yeah, i guess thats true, but with my luck and complete lack of motor skills I am not willing to risk it. :ahhha:

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I`ve seen a few videos on theync and i`m pretty sure they didnt have time to feel pain . in my experience of pain , motorbike crashes , run over by a tractor , dropping large slab of concrete on my foot last year and having to wear one clown shoe for a while etc there is a delay in feeling the pain , usually when you look at the damage lol
Is that right foot bigger than the other? Is that from dropping the slab on it? Must have hurt like bejeezus.

Reactions: marcusuk63
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yeah, i guess thats true, but with my luck and complete lack of motor skills I am not willing to risk it. :ahhha:

Shotgun to the ol' brain is literally the most reliable method possible. It is impossible to fuck up if you take into account very basic instructions that even someone with just two brain cells to rub together can follow. It's even better than Nembutal! Although I think if you care about having an open casket funeral than N is better (I think?)

I can't stomach the thought of doing that to myself, even if death would be assured. I want a "cleaner" suicide out of spite mostly.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAW122 and Sarahlynn
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
Aim the shotgun to the roof your mouth and BANG!!! Just like what Kurt Cobain did :mmm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Is that right foot bigger than the other? Is that from dropping the slab on it? Must have hurt like bejeezus.
Yeah it swelled up quite a bit and hurt so much i felt sick a bit ,still does as i never went to hospital , i cant move my last two toes now . i was taking the old benches apart in my brothers beer garden and it was easier to rock them to snap the bolts out of the rotten wood , the last one i dad fell backwards instead of forward , sympathetic as always my brother said , "you cant go to hospital we are open tonight and you need the new benches in "lol

Attachments

• DSC_0842.JPG
    10.1 MB · Views: 36
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Yeah it swelled up quite a bit and hurt so much i felt sick a bit ,still does as i never went to hospital , i cant move my last two toes now . i was taking the old benches apart in my brothers beer garden and it was easier to rock them to snap the bolts out of the rotten wood , the last one i dad fell backwards instead of forward , sympathetic as always my brother said , "you cant go to hospital we are open tonight and you need the new benches in "lol
Crikey they look like they weigh a ton!

I'm surprised you have a foot left - might be worth a trip to the docs though if you still can't move your toes.

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Crikey they look like they weigh a ton!

I'm surprised you have a foot left - might be worth a trip to the docs though if you still can't move your toes.
the certain did weigh a lot , it was over a year ago , i very rarely go to doctors or hospital , when i fell off a ladder and broke two bones in my foot and shattered my heal like an eggshell , they sent me home saying it was fine , then wrang two days later to tell me they made a mistake , i couldn't stand up for weeks as it felt all the blood rushed to my foot lol , i got good on crutches though , which is the only treatment given i think to broken feet ,
I`m pretty sure that if you went to the NHS with alopecia and asked if they had anything for it their response would be ,"we have an old shoe box if that will do "

Reactions: Meditation guide, checkouttime and TheQ22
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I believe it would be over so quickly that your brain would not even have a chance to register the pain (when done correctly and you hit the brainstem or have a near-miss but take out other parts of the brain that result in bleeding out to death and shock & trauma). So in short, the moment you squeeze the trigger and let off the cartridge, you wouldn't even know that you are gone, nor feel the recoil, nor hear the firearm discharge since it would happen in "literally" a split second.

Reactions: Emily_Numb
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
the certain did weigh a lot , it was over a year ago , i very rarely go to doctors or hospital , when i fell off a ladder and broke two bones in my foot and shattered my heal like an eggshell , they sent me home saying it was fine , then wrang two days later to tell me they made a mistake , i couldn't stand up for weeks as it felt all the blood rushed to my foot lol , i got good on crutches though , which is the only treatment given i think to broken feet ,
I`m pretty sure that if you went to the NHS with alopecia and asked if they had anything for it their response would be ,"we have an old shoe box if that will do "
Yeah the good old NHS is awesome. I've had some fun with them today, they couldn't organise a piss up in your brothers beer garden.

• Love
Reactions: checkouttime and marcusuk63
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020

For those wondering, please do NOT watch this unless you have a strong stomach. It is so fucked up!

Reactions: justpeachy, Emily_Numb, Hazelnut and 2 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Yeah the good old NHS is awesome. I've had some fun with them today, they couldn't organise a piss up in your brothers beer garden.
Nothing serious i hope , or given the nature of this site , nothing trivial i hope ?

• Love
Reactions: TheQ22
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Nothing serious i hope , or given the nature of this site , nothing trivial i hope ?
LoL no nothing serious, I got to try out the amazing covid testing service. Utter pants.

Reactions: marcusuk63
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
For those wondering, please do NOT watch this unless you have a strong stomach. It is so fucked up!

Is it really that bad? Maybe over a decade of 4chan has desensetized me a bit...

• Love
Reactions: Hazelnut
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Is it really that bad? Maybe over a decade of 4chan has desensetized me a bit...

Well, it was the first time I saw a shotgun suicide. Definitely not a way I would ever consider. I don't like blood and guts.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I saw that, he must have been extremely agitated to have been able to just do it like that so spontaneously, obviously it had been on his mind for a while though, he had the shotgun ready whilst he was on the phone. He went out quite stylishly I would say.

Reactions: death137
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I'm not going for the head. I'm too worried about surviving that. It'll probably be more painful but it'll be more certain, I'm going like how musician Mark Linkous did. Shotgun blast to the heart.

Some personal anecdotes that have influenced how I view it. Personally, if I were to ctb with any gun, I'd go for the brainstem through the mouth.

This is hard to write about. I probably won't respond to any replies.

My dad was a homicide detective, so when I say "Not the first time I've heard about," he's one of the sources.

A friend's mother shot herself in the chest with a rifle and survived. I know it's not the same as a shotgun, but it's not the first time I've heard of someone surviving a suicide attempt by aiming for the heart.

While we worked together, a coworker's friend's son shot himself in the temple with a rifle and survived. Again, not the first time I've heard about survivng a temple shot. And of course, not the same as a shotgun.

A boyfriend in high school suicided by shotgun in the mouth.

In the late nineties, when the internet was still new, I remember watching the video of a guy who put a handgun in his mouth and fired, and instantly died. That's the last time I watched a video of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

It just seems to me, of all the possible places to shoot, regardless of weapon, that putting the barrel in the mouth and aiming for the brain stem is the most reliable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hazelnut and Anonymoussn
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I hate seeing stuff like that, there's loads on 4chan, I always skip over them. My mind is miserable enough without seeing horrific things I don't need to.

Reactions: Meditation guide
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Some personal anecdotes that have influenced how I view it. Personally, if I were to ctb with any gun, I'd go for the brainstem through the mouth.

This is hard to write about. I probably won't respond to any replies.

My dad was a homicide detective, so when I say "Not the first time I've heard about," he's one of the sources.

A friend's mother shot herself in the chest with a rifle and survived. I know it's not the same as a shotgun, but it's not the first time I've heard of someone surviving a suicide attempt by aiming for the heart.

While we worked together, a coworker's friend's son shot himself in the temple with a rifle and survived. Again, not the first time I've heard about survivng a temple shot. And of course, not the same as a shotgun.

A boyfriend in high school suicided by shotgun in the mouth.

In the late nineties, when the internet was still new, I remember watching the video of a guy who put a handgun in his mouth and fired, and instantly died. That's the last time I watched a video of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

It just seems to me, of all the possible places to shoot, regardless of weapon, that putting the barrel in the mouth and aiming for the brain stem is the most reliable.
Yeah, good perspective. Thanks. Just seems like every method has a chance of survival. I mean haven't there been skydiving accidents where people survived? But just the thought of surviving a blast to the head or face makes me rule it out, the area not the method

Reactions: Meditation guide and GoodPersonEffed
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I'm surprised he didn't hesitated for a second. I wish I do hanging like that.

Until the world legalize free euthanasia everywhere then some ppl will continue to go by very gruesome ways. If the world care then they should legalize it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, searchingfreedom, fuzattojuliana and 5 others
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
that's how id want to do Shotgun blast to the heart.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
But just the thought of surviving a blast to the head or face makes me rule it out, the area not the method

That's very logical. I get it now.