Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
I just got home from a visit to the ward and I've got to say it's my worst experience with a ward so far.
My psychiatrist sent me down the ER a few days ago and I spent about 12 hours in what seemed like solitary confinement until they came in and told me I'd be transported to the cities into another mental health unit. The EMT eventually came and strapped me down to the bed for the ambulance and tried to talk my bad mood away for two hours.
And that was nice of him but I knew what was coming. As soon as he carted me into the unit the other patients started screaming and trying to scare me by saying id be there for 6 months. The EMT looked petrified and I couldn't help but laugh a bit. He apologized and left and I just kept trying to avoid eye contact with those patients but they continued to scream about being crack babies and insisting that they themselves are doctors.
Overall this was just unpleasant and I managed to lie my way out and used the other patient's actions to justify why this wasn't the right place for me right now by saying I was terrified. The stay was horrid.. they managed to forget to bring me food out of everyone there and ignored all my questions and wouldn't tell me what medication they were giving me. Whatever they did give me is still pumping through me because I felt nauseous within 10 minutes and still do. I admit I feel less on the verge of ctb at the moment but I think it might just be a relief to be back in my own bedroom... Or maybe that nickle sized pill is zombifying me still..
Over all a bad experience once again and I don't recommend mental hospitals...

• Hugs
Reactions: LaminarFlow, Escape Artist, blue_muse and 10 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
As usual, mental hospitals are horrendous! How on Earth do these so-called "professionals" think things like that could actually help us?
Nonsense!!

Sorry you had to go through all that. Life is really unfair.

Send you lots of hugs and love,

Matt

Reactions: Escape Artist, Judah, BottomlessPit and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
wouldn't tell me what medication they were giving me. Whatever they did give me is still pumping through me because I felt nauseous within 10 minutes and still do. I admit I feel less on the verge of ctb at the moment but I think it might just be a relief to be back in my own bedroom... Or maybe that nickle sized pill is zombifying me still..
if you remember what it looks like theres sites you can use that will tell you what the medication is. idk if youll find the answer but its worth a shot if youre curious

Reactions: Rayzieka
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
What the actual fuck? Almost all of the ward stories are high octane suicide-fuel.

Reactions: Escape Artist, blue_muse and BottomlessPit
T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
You werr most likely given quetiapine. I was also hospitalized for suicidal ideation and 6 times for my sz. Maybe you were in heavily ill psychiatric unit? Cause in a light unit goes most depressed people and with other minor disabilities

Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
if you remember what it looks like theres sites you can use that will tell you what the medication is. idk if youll find the answer but its worth a shot if youre curious
The thing is it was a huge pill, and it looked nothing like any of my medications.
But then again for some reason, all the medications they gave me looked nothing like any of mine at home.
They were all different shapes and colors. Maybe they managed to mix me up with someone else and that's why I feel like there's a void in my upper stomach.
You werr most likely given quetiapine. I was also hospitalized for suicidal ideation and 6 times for my sz. Maybe you were in heavily ill psychiatric unit? Cause in a light unit goes most depressed people and with other minor disabilities
Maybe they sent me to their worst unit because of my diagnosis. But I've never been an actual threat so I'd be very offended if that's the case.
Because all the other patients were the scream all night kind.
I also came home to one of my nightmares- my room had been searched. So very lucky my SN was hidden well and wasn't found.
Very upset about my privacy being violated like this.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: EDMisgood and BottomlessPit
C

chicken neck

Dec 3, 2020
I have never had a good experience with mental hospitals, they are all invariably disgusting and full of disgusting people. The only one we have in my province was built in the 1850s and is still in use; many sections of this facility are condemned and everywhere you go you will see doors that no one is allowed to enter, even staff. That's that great public healthcare Canada always sucks its own dick over at work! I was in one in Montreal as well a few years ago and it was a bit less disgusting and not full of condemned sections, but still horrific overall, so clearly it isn't just my shithole province.

Reactions: blue_muse
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those type of places are my worst nightmare. I have never been but from what I've heard I don't think there is much difference between them and prisons. They just don't seem like good environments for people with different mental conditions, they don't seem beneficial by the sounds of them. Reading these stories reminds me I must do everything I can to avoid being sent there.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist, blue_muse, BottomlessPit and 1 other person
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
That makes me think, psychiatry is only good for use as a guinea pig.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist and blue_muse