Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
It was dark and the daylight faded, the cold wind blew from the air.

There was this young man and driving on his way home. His tires sleek from the rain that was on the ground and he tried not to hydroplane. "OH GOD...."
The car flipped and then it was lights out.

The young man woke up in a mysterious unknown place and nothing like that's on earth. "What is this place?" The young man is still confused on where he's at
Then he heard a voice behind him...

"You're dead." Said the unknown figure standing beside me. I couldn't see who or what it was but it was definitely someone. "I'm....dead?" said the young man. "Yes you are dead but I'm not going to let you pass over. You still have much to learn. There's something I have to tell you..." said the figure.

Young man: I....I what do you want from me?

Figure: There's some things that you have to get rid of from your conscience. I know what's bugging you and you can't seem to move on because it's a huge heavy weight on you.

Young man: Look....I don't care on what you know or don't know about me but my life is none of your business.

Figure: You're very stubborn aren't you but it's okay.

The young man knew what was wrong and it was hard for him...hard for him to learn. The art of....

Figure: Letting go... The art of letting go. You need to learn to let go of things.

Young man: I don't want to let go of the past...I can't. I want things to go back to the way they were before... I need to fix things...

The figure looked at the young man in confusion and knew that in order for him to fully grow, he had to learn how to let things go.

Figure: I know what's on your mind.... So is this the people you wanna have back in your life?

The old faces appear and the young man begins to smile.

Young man: Please just fix everything! I know I can't go back in time but please let me be friends with them again!

The figure turned around and then a mirror appeared in front of the young man. He was confused at first but it sounded like the figure wanted to give him a message.

empire state building glitch GIF by Ryan Seslow

The mirror began to tune in like a receiver or like turning on the TV. Like flipping a switch. It showed every single memory that I've went through.

Figure: This is your life and it's every moment you've been through from birth to your death.

Young man: Wow that's so cool! But I still see no point in this....

The mirror then reflected on the young man and the young man knew what truly was happening now. He began breaking down in tears and knew how much pain he was in. He ruined so many friendships in the past, being destructive to other people, and self sabotaging. He lived for the thrill and purposely hurt people to get what he want.

The mirror showed a picture of someone but the figure knew what was shown and the young man knew who it was.

Figure: That person you see in the mirror there. That person is the key for you to learn how to let go. How to move on with your life and even if you did this person and many other people wrong in the past, it's part of life you see.

The young man quickly ran and wanted to go through the mirror but the person in the mirror that he hurt, it shattered. He tried to pick up the millions of pieces and began crying.

Figure: Joey....let it go.

The figure stepped out and appeared in front of me and I couldn't really believe who it was....it was my Mom.

My Mom passed when I was 8 years old and it was hard to believe that it really was her in front of my own eyes. She looked like where she was. The exact age of her life, the fresh age of 35, the prime of her life.
The young man's real name was actually Joe but since his own Mom, she definitely like to call him Joey.

Joe: Mom it's you! I've missed you soooo much! I really thought I wasn't gonna see you again...

She: I've missed you too sweetie and it's definitely been such a long time and I know we could talk but there isn't enough time. The paramedics arrived where you were pronounced dead at the scene and are about to revive you.

Joe knew that his time was almost up and would soon return back to the living world.

She: I'm sorry for doing what I've did to you when I was 8. To you, your brother, your Dad, and everyone in the family. I wasn't in the right state of mind mentally and I wish I would've saw my boys grow up. Don't think I didn't see everything because I saw everything. I'm happy that your Father got remarried and found a new beloved wife. A step-mother that took her time taking care of you and your brother.

Her smile lighted up the room and Joe knew that he wanted to walk up and hug her to cry but knew that he was slowly slipping away from whatever place he was in and heading back into the real world. He was finally happy to finally see her after pretty much half his life was over but it wouldn't last and wanted to make the most of it.

She: I'm fading fast and I have to make this quick...
Please let go...
Move on with your life and for every thing that you've done wrong. I can sense your pain on the people you've hurt and the mistakes you've made. You're holding yourself back and I would hate to see you never fully move on with your life and live to your fullest potential.

Joe: It's going to be hard for me to let go but do you think it's worth fixing...at least a certain friendship?

Joe's Mom shook her head and he knew that the person was the key of knowing the art of letting go. The reflection on the mirror and showing that specific person. It hurt him deep down mentally and he wanted to fix things. Memories flush through his mind and the damage he did to certain people. How many chances some of them gave him and knew he blew it all away.

She: Everyone is different sweetie... There will be people that will give you chances and some that will give you no chances all. It's part of life. The human condition.

Joe was confused on what was the point of being a human if all we did was hurt each other. He knew life was far from perfect and it definitely was indeed full of pain. Other things to such as mental illness, death, war, and so much more. Some people were born with certain things that was out of their control and it was basically like a deck of cards or rolling a dice.

Then something snapped in him and suddenly, he returned to life...

Joe looked around and knew that he was no longer dead and while laying in the hospital bed, he remembered what his Mom had told him.

Joe: I do get it now Mom and I'm glad that I've gotten to talk to you again. I do have to start letting things go that are far beyond my control. Well, shit happens. It fucking kills me that I want to fix some things with people and wish to undo my mistakes but damn letting go is for the best.

He closed his eyes and right before he was about to drift to sleep, a certain old friend appeared in his mind and he smiled. He wanted what was best for her and he knew that if it wasn't without on what had happened, he wouldn't knew how to let things go. Even if no matter how tight things are, like a rope, it's better to let go.

Joe: I'm sorry for everything...
I want what's best for you and I know what you're going through but I just wanted to say...thank you for being in my life for the time you did. If you can hear me, just know that I hope you can learn how to let things go too and whatever is troubling you. Never be afraid to take chances in life. It's okay to be scared and to be afraid, to be safe in the depths of your pain but....I can go on and on...I don't know. Just know I'd never guilt trip you and the people that say I'm trying...I hope you don't listen. Everyone is different and for the others I've hurt...I'm sorry Sky....Abby my lil sis....Annika... and so on. Thank you everyone for teaching me this very important thing in this life and about letting go. I hope we can be friends again maybe...before you go and if not....

I hope we can when I....

See You On The Otherside

• Love
Reactions: LunarPyotr, ExhaustedExistence, AQUA and 1 other person
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
So inspiring. I've seen some people talking about near death experiences and it's really amazing. Like your story.

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
So inspiring. I've seen some people talking about near death experiences and it's really amazing. Like your story.
Thank you and NDE is really interesting to talk about. Whether if it's proof of an afterlife or just the brain doing things.

ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Mar 26, 2021
Thank you and NDE is really interesting to talk about. Whether if it's proof of an afterlife or just the brain doing things.
Yeah, scientists say there is no consciousness when the brain stopped work. But some people were dead for some time and they can remember what happened in the afterlife.

ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Mar 26, 2021
What do you think it is?
I don't really know. Maybe proof of the afterlife. Maybe proof that scientists don't know anything about death.

What do you think?

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I don't really know. Maybe proof of the afterlife. Maybe proof that scientists don't know anything about death.

What do you think?
I think that we'll never know the answers as of right now when we're alive. Whether it is proof or not, I guess it's our best to not know what's on the other side.

My guess.

ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Mar 26, 2021
I think that we'll never know the answers as of right now when we're alive. Whether it is proof or not, I guess it's our best to not know what's on the other side.

My guess.
I agree. There is probably no chance how to know what will be after death. We can only speculate. And it's probably good, because if we knew where we will end up after we die, there wouldn't be any reason to live. Even though I think there is no reason to live even now. We are just waiting for the end.

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I agree. There is probably no chance how to know what will be after death. We can only speculate. And it's probably good, because if we knew where we will end up after we die, there wouldn't be any reason to live. Even though I think there is no reason to live even now. We are just waiting for the end.
Yep exactly! There's even stories where some people die and the saw nothing after being revived but that wasn't real death. There's no coming back from real death.

And so maybe there is an afterlife, I think it is something incomprehensible for us, something out of our senses and dimension..

ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Mar 26, 2021
Yep exactly! There's even stories where some people die and the saw nothing after being revived but that wasn't real death. There's no coming back from real death.

And so maybe there is an afterlife, I think it is something incomprehensible for us, something out of our senses and dimension..
I couldn't say it better!