N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There should be an alliance for people who want to ctb. Or people who support the autonomy of adults could help the movement too. My demands were availability of assisted suicide, decriminalization of N, better treatment of suicidal people in the psychiatry, less stigmatization of people who want to die.
However due to the repercussions most of the people do not want to out them as suicidal.
I fear the lobby of prolifers, conservative-religious and the pharma industry is too strong. In my country there is a majority for assisted suicide but the christians in the parliament block it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stevo, LastFlowers, FuneralCry and 7 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I guess the problem is that most who want to CTB are too depressed or anxious to be very effectual. At least those with terminal illnesses have concerned family members.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, deleted, LastFlowers and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Yes, the methods that we can scrape together ourselves are either barbaric or take a lot of work and/or risk and/or money to obtain. Meanwhile countries dump a shit-ton of resources on ridiculous garbage. AT LEAST don't get in the way of businesses selling things like pentobarbital or renting out sarcos/shotguns/etc, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, orlandom, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I think a right to die is needed. We did not ask to come to this world so we should be able to leave. There is so much suffering in this world and suicide is inevitable. As humans whenever we feel trapped in a situation we will do all possible means to get out. It is our way of gaining control. Yet it is wrong we have to resort to traumatic methods in order to gain our freedom. We need this in cases of persistent suffering.

Reactions: Stevo, demuic, MiserableBastard1995 and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Sounds amazing but I agree with @Celerity !
If my family knew I'm in any kind of movement supporting the right to die, they would just send me to a psych ward faster lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, whitefeather, LastFlowers and 3 others
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I would want there to be assisted suicide for SPMI, and I would want there to be no more chapters for suicidal people. Chapters usually just make things worse for people.

T

TheSkyIsBlue

Student
May 16, 2020
It would be good. Unfortunately in my country no one even talks about suicide, so I don't see it happening here anytime soon.

• Aww..
Reactions: LastFlowers
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
In my country there's a couple of organisations for the right to die but it's only being called for the terminally or chronically ill. I'm sad to say I will never see the day, where those with mental or emotional pain or those who just don't want to be here, will ever be able to have a kind, peaceful death. Instead we will have no choice but to have to brutally kill ourselves.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, pthnrdnojvsc, Zzzzz and 1 other person
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
Similar to end of life treatment for terminal patients there should be process of allowing one to die voluntarily due to mental illness.
It's ridiculous that suicide is stigmatized but even talking and receiving resources to survive mental illness is scarce or non existent. Worse is the Pro lifers that are all about living but they won't reach out to help those suffering or shoving in religion in our faces like that's the cure all.

Reactions: Black Sky and noname223
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
This should be mentioned in the Let's not ctb, let's get mad, let's get even thread.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
Sounds amazing but I agree with @Celerity !
If my family knew I'm in any kind of movement supporting the right to die, they would just send me to a psych ward faster lol.
How can they send you if you're over the age of 18?

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I can understand the sentiments wanting this but don't really see the point. You are never going to have societies allow non terminally ill young people to have access to easy painless suicide. Won't ever happen.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
How can they send you if you're over the age of 18?

It doesn't matter. If they see me mentally unstable they can just call emergencies and if the doctors confirm I'm not mentally okay or are quite suspicious of me, they can take me to a psych ward.
At least that's the way it works in Argentina.

Reactions: demuic and whitefeather
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
In Germany they can only force you to the psyche ward if you are acute suicidal or a threat for other people.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
In Germany they can only force you to the psyche ward if you are acute suicidal or a threat for other people.
Isn't this how it generally is in the US?

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
It doesn't matter. If they see me mentally unstable they can just call emergencies and if the doctors confirm I'm not mentally okay or are quite suspicious of me, they can take me to a psych ward.
Pretty sure how it works here too
Pretty sure that's how it works here too

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife