helpmerest

helpmerest

Not here for long
Aug 15, 2024
How to cope with remembering repressed memories?
I've been regaining memories that caused me to have amnesia. My childhood is much worse than I thought 😭
I don't want to remember, I wish I could forget

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, Voyage and EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I'm so sorry to hear! :( I'd try to distract yourself as soon as possible! >_< generally thinking too much about high school will do the same to me too~ Just KNOW it's bad, don't try to remember and analyze it! Just KNOW~

Reactions: helpmerest
FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
Yea, this was triggered when the Dr prescribed me cannabis oil. Even after I stopped I still have memory episodes, where it feels like I lose control of my body and get stuck in random memories of my past which I couldn't normally recall. I thought those were just forgotten, but now I'm thinking the mind never actually forgets anything... it's always there, forever, just waiting to come up, and I hate it. I fucking hate it.

If you have similar episodes all I've found you can do is just wait it out, and try to touch things, listen to sounds, look at things. Idk if it actually helps, but you'll snap out of it eventually. It does pass. The memory stays with you though lmao

Just realize that it was the past you. Now you're different, and would do different things. The past you is not the present you. It still hurts, but maybe we can be nicer people? idk if this is just ultimate cope

Reactions: helpmerest
Voyage

Voyage

Songe à la douceur
Aug 11, 2024
Edit: ignore all of the following if you have a history of borderline or psychotic disgnoses

Try to vent the emotions.

Talk about it with someone if at all possible.
Repression is precisely what leads to symptoms, including depression and anxiety. It feels really bad to process it and honestly not everyone is able to, but it's a good and rare opportunity.

Therapists can help, social workers, hotlines. Let it out somewhere, I don't recommend repression.

Repression happened because we as children had no way to handle any of this. We didn't know who to go to, we had no capacity nor technique to cope.

Last edited:
Reactions: helpmerest and TransilvanianHunger