N

Numbisfine109

Feb 22, 2020
Hi everybody

This is my first post and I'm nervous:ahhha:. I found this website last night and am blown away that people get what I'm going through and can talk about it honestly and openly. I've only ever told 2 people in depth about my feelings.The only thing that did was make them cry and feel horrible for me and in the end, I was comforting them and ensuring that I wouldn't do it. So thank you all in advance.

I won't bore you all with details of my life but my question/statement for everyone has to do with repetitive thoughts. My repetitive thoughts are "kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself". After that my body will have kind of a panic moment that I try to play of as a stretch or something if in front of people. No ones questioned me so far (besides my fiancé - one of the 2 people I've told).

does anyone else experience anything like this? I tried searching the threads but couldn't find anything. Sorry if this is an obvious thread and I missed it.

Reactions: hahabye
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Repetitive, intrusive thoughts are really common. They suck so much. Unfortunately, I don't have any good advice for you on how to deal with them, but you definitely aren't alone.

I usually try to distract myself with something else, but it's very hard.

Reactions: Numbisfine109 and Whitewash11235814
N

Numbisfine109

Feb 22, 2020
I don't think they will ever go away. Thanks for responding though. I guess I just hoped someone else was going through something similar you know?

Anon2662

Anon2662

Just a girl trapped in a psychological prison
Feb 13, 2020
Welcome! No need to be nervous :) I get repetitive thoughts a lot. Usually the content of these thoughts is set by the voices I hear.. the only thing that occasionally works for me is to try to drown them out by putting in headphones and turning my music up to full volume.

Reactions: Numbisfine109
EdibleGasMask

EdibleGasMask

Jan 30, 2020
Hey welcome to SS people here are very kind and compassionate towards each other and I find it really endearing and sorry if this gets long. I get repetitive/ intrusive thoughts a lot but mine are more visual if that makes any sense. I do often think think about my problems and what i'm feeling a lot weather i'm accidentally triggering my repetitive thoughts or it something on the outside making my mind race with thoughts about suicide over and over. Like others said drowning out the thoughts with music, video games, friends, movies, You Tube, hobbies, and getting outside sometimes and i'm not saying these will cure your thoughts as I still have them but doing things that take my full focus helps me for a bit and keeps my mind out of a loop of thought for maybe a day or two. If these thoughts are triggered by something maybe it's a good idea to have a day to yourself or avoid those things for a bit for example i've had a lot of repetitive thoughts near my schools, old houses I lived in, or people that make me feel anxious like that.

Reactions: k75 and Numbisfine109
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I think the only way is to try to overwrite these thoughts by better thoughts.
But I know this is a hard work to do.
I think the same way works with visual ones - but they are stronger and more emotionaly.