Grave

Grave

tired
Mar 5, 2021
Does anyone ever watch films or tv series, and in it there are characters in either a romantic or just really good friend relationship and get really sad because it just really reminds you of how lonely you are and how you're always going to be lonely - forever, until you die, which I hope for me is relatively soon. And that no one gets you or will ever get you. Idk, but just for me, it makes me feel sad about how I'm always on the outside, that's how it always has been and always will be and no one can ease the pain of my existance on this earth. Argh. Sorry, I'm just feeling shit and low key sorry for myself, about how miserable and pathetic my life is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: contradictedalien, Disappointered, natali4 and 10 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
HI! YOU are a such a loving and kind soul. One can see AND feel that as how you wrote your post. 1st and foremost , YOU have everyone here, our global family, to listen, help, support, love and care for/about you. I am 65 years young, 100% alone, BUT I have our global family here that helps and loves me, as I help and love all of the folks, gee we are a family! YOU are LOVED, CARED about here and I send you lots of smiles, hugs, a beautiful weekend and the knowledge that YOU are never alone ever. Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: •narc is typing…•, Disappointered, ojinzo and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I struggled with this for several years and just solved this an hour ago (no joke). It was in combination with me deciding to stop crying and to not view weakness as something good or helpful. I was subconsciously thinking that complaining and being a pussy would give me a gf or something :pfff:. After I decided to become strong and to put my self-imposed bitching in the trash things are now starting to fall in place mentally.

So what I figured out is that you have to have been intimate with a man/woman to know if you are compatible and if she/he is someone you would actually want to be in a relationship with. This includes having had sex with the person and even having had lived together for a certain amount of time. And how many people are there like this, how many are there that you know you want to date? For me it's zero, so I have no reason to be sad or jealous of romantic relationships. There are just no specific examples of people that I should desire, so there is no wanting.

Hope it makes sense, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

• Love
Reactions: contradictedalien, LonelyBrazilian, Ame and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think a lot of film/TV shows are quite unrealistic - people are disappointing in real life.
I don't feel lonely as in needing to be around people, as I'm an huge introvert but I do feel trapped with my own thoughts and I overthink a lot and that itself can make me feel alone. Loneliness can be such an isolating feeling and can send us into despair.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ojinzo, Un-, blue_muse and 2 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I don't watch soppy shows & movies

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I think a lot of film/TV shows are quite unrealistic - people are disappointing in real life.
I don't feel lonely as in needing to be around people, as I'm an huge introvert but I do feel trapped with my own thoughts and I overthink a lot and that itself can make me feel alone. Loneliness can be such an isolating feeling and can send us into despair.
I 100% agree with you as far as loneliness can send a person into despair. I am so glad and happy to have found this website with like minded folks and without everyone here, including YOU @FuneralCry , you have helped me so, so much. I thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness and I send you lots of smiles and hugs! Have a great upcoming weekend filled with sunny skies and soft breezes. Walter

• Love
Reactions: FuneralCry
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I 100% agree with you as far as loneliness can send a person into despair. I am so glad and happy to have found this website with like minded folks and without everyone here, including YOU @FuneralCry , you have helped me so, so much. I thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness and I send you lots of smiles and hugs! Have a great upcoming weekend filled with sunny skies and soft breezes. Walter
You are so kind. I have seen your posts all around the forum helping people. This world needs more people like you.

• Love
Reactions: ojinzo and whywere
H

heraclitus23

May 26, 2021
Does anyone ever watch films or tv series, and in it there are characters in either a romantic or just really good friend relationship and get really sad because it just really reminds you of how lonely you are and how you're always going to be lonely - forever, until you die, which I hope for me is relatively soon. And that no one gets you or will ever get you. Idk, but just for me, it makes me feel sad about how I'm always on the outside, that's how it always has been and always will be and no one can ease the pain of my existance on this earth. Argh. Sorry, I'm just feeling shit and low key sorry for myself, about how miserable and pathetic my life is.
You are not on the outside here - I can identify (for me, it is seeing places I'd like to live or to visit); most of us are or have been there. For me, knowing that this community exists does not lessen my pain - it does make the burden more bearable. We're all here for you!

• Love
Reactions: Alive4now and whywere
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Haha yeahh! I became really depressed a few times because of happy people on movies and series but now I just laugh at it because it looks really fake!!

I've had great and terrible moments in life!

I think we just gotta let come to us whatever wants to come to us and let go that that wants to go away!!

Wish you the best!

Hugs,

Matt

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere, Ame and Grave
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
It's every day, bro! Every time someone talks about their SO or their friends, I become acutely aware once again that those aren't experiences I get to enjoy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Alive4now, LonelyBrazilian, Grave and 2 others
Q-Dust

Q-Dust

Am literally a rhododendron
Jun 9, 2019
Having manipulative daydream is a blessing in this regard Since I can easily imagine myself in the characters shoes It does help a bit with the loneliness I get from watching those shows

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere