• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

hopelessdreams

hopelessdreams

life and its opposite
Mar 1, 2022
yeah I don't feel like converting people to something, that doesn't sit right with me.. doing your own research and then reaching out to someone who practices that religion is the best way to go.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020

How can I say no to that? If all evangelists were golden retrievers, then I would've never stopped going to church!

Congratulations, I have been converted, and I must say, my favorite verse in the dog bible is from Sparky 7:12, "And he that tosseth me the milk bone and scratcheth my belly shall inherit everlasting puppy love."

T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
My case for a personal barebones form of Christianity in short: • God became man and was tortured and crucified to death so that we shouldn't have to be (If Christ were alive today he would chastise those who withheld the means from us for a decent death just like God chastised Job's uncaring friends who blamed Job for his suffering)
• Doctors don't worship Christ, they worship Hippocrates the pagan with their Hippocratic oath that forbids even the most indirect way of assisting suicide such as writing prescriptions (as opposed to sticking a lethal injection in a patient's arm which is a direct way), Christianity is FOR the relief of suffering hence all our anesthesia, antidepressants, alcohol (which is even used as sacramental wine by the church itself), and comforts.....further yet Christ's human-first (putting humans above animals) contempt for animals (casting out demons and putting them in swine that go plunging off a cliff) can be read as a metaphor, we shouldn't run out of pentobarbital across the world because someone's dog gets to have a better death than us...Cats, dogs and other pets should take a dive of a cliff or be put down otherwise and leave the good deaths for humans.
• His call to reject this world and deny oneself is a perfect stepping stone for Nihilists who only need to go one step further than what they currently believe (they currently believe life's meaningless and now all they have to accept is that there's more (afterlife) that doesn't so much as give meaning to this life but is instead meaningful In and of itself)
• The Christian post world war 2 years in Britain and America were amongst the happiest in the history of civilisation (until the satanic 60s)
• Actually read the Bible! The one consistent theme is the raising up of those at the bottom (the poor, sick, oppressed and fatherless; the disinherited hence my username) so Christ is essentially OUR guy and if Voltaire is right (that if god didn't exist it would be necessary to invent him) we would have a much better society because of it.
• Serves as a bulwark against the evil top-down world views of Darwinism (survival of the fittest, might makes right), Communism (which results in massive wealth being siphoned upwards not downwards, mass starvation and rampant crimes of the worst order (rape, murder, theft etc)) and Scientism which is what we witnessed during the pandemic, a brief period of total misery for most of the population and it was only Christians (or almost entirely) that put up any resistance to the pointless infliction of massive amounts of misery onto the world's population by the godless elite.
• The Jews are the greatest race on earth and amongst them shall be born the Messiah.

Reactions: LittleJem
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
50b1c16234835.jpeg

In case the first one doesn't work, I have a plan B.

55e1e16b05770.jpeg

T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
Now that's just mean. A good death for all, I say.
I wish it were so but humans have to come first, it's not fair that pets die better than us and drain the world's supply of pentobarbital.
If you're a clairvoyant your crystal ball must be fogged!
My bad, I thought because you couldn't proselytise that you were Jewish, I'll respect your privacy and not ask which religion you believe in.

D

Deleted member 847

Why would a creator with an infinite mind need to create something that's inferior to him?
If I'm god I'm the smartest "man" in the universe, mkay?
Why would I need to make "human beings" that I can't even interact with
because they're too stupid to understand my mind, that can probably
compute billions of sextillions (i pulled the number out of my ass, I don't know what the limit for intelligence is, if there even is one) of more qualias and ideas than their limited brain can? Imagine how slow we would be compared to god, by the time we say Hi to him, he's already
thinking about what might happen millions of years in the future if he decides to say "hi" back to us. There's no way we
would be any fun to him. Would a chess master bother to play with beginners that barely know how to move
the pieces on the board?

God, especially one that likes human beings, is a stupid idea, give it up. If one exists, he doesn't want you to live with him in "heaven"
He's probably a super ai that created you in a virtual world for some economical gain
just like some people have ant colonies, because it makes them feels superior to something
he couldn't possibly love you even if he was real, you're nothing to him
he can always "copy paste" another you

Last edited by a moderator:
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
My bad, I thought because you couldn't proselytise that you were Jewish, I'll respect your privacy and not ask which religion you believe in.
Thanks. It's okay. I don't take anything too seriously nowadays. Especially serious things.

I like the Dalai Lama's take on this. He thinks people should just pick whichever religion suits them.
Why would a creator with an infinite mind need to create something that's inferior to him?
If I'm god I'm the smartest "man" in the universe, mkay?
Why would I need to make "human beings" that I can't even interact with
because they're too stupid to understand my mind, that can probably
compute billions of sextillions (i pulled the number out of my ass, I don't know what the limit for intelligence is, if there even is one) of more qualias and ideas than their limited brain can? Imagine how slow we would be compared to god, by the time we say Hi to him, he's already
thinking about what might happen millions of years in the future if he decides to say "hi" back to us. There's no way we
would be any fun to him. Would a chess master bother to play with beginners that barely know how to move
the pieces on the board?

God, especially one that likes human beings, is a stupid idea, give it up. If one exists, he doesn't want you to live with him in "heaven"
He's probably a super ai that created you in a virtual world for some economical gain
just like some people have ant colonies, because it makes them feels superior to something
he couldn't possibly love you even if he was real, you're nothing to him
he can always "copy paste" another you
Yes. This all makes sense. But not all religions involve a creator god.

Last edited:
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
I wish it were so but humans have to come first, it's not fair that pets die better than us and drain the world's supply of pentobarbital.
The only reason pento is limited is because stupid drug laws and stigma against voluntary suicide that makes it hard for humans to get. Otherwise they'd manufacture it for us too, and there would be enough for both pets and people.

T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
The only reason pento is limited is because stupid drug laws and stigma against voluntary suicide that makes it hard for humans to get. Otherwise they'd manufacture it for us too, and there would be enough for both pets and people.
If you're right then I retract my point

Reactions: NSA
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

DoNotBoopTheSnoot
Dec 25, 2020
Unrelated (there isn't a 'Bible verses' thread), but I always wondered why Judeo-Christians call God a 'shepherd'. E.g. "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23, KJV) Just my opinion, but I'm uncomfortable with the fact that livestock animals like sheep ultimately end up on the dinner table.

Gordon Ramsay Shepherds pie recipe
Pan Fried Lamb Chops ready to serve sq

(I don't mean to offend anyone. Mods, please feel free to delete if you find this inappropriate.)

Last edited:
NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
Unrelated (there isn't a 'Bible verses' thread), but I always wondered why Judeo-Christians call God a 'shepherd'. E.g. "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." (Psalm 23, KJV) Just my opinion, but I'm uncomfortable with the fact that livestock animals like sheep ultimately end up on the dinner table.

View attachment 94153
View attachment 94154

(I don't mean to offend anyone. Mods, please feel free to delete if you find this inappropriate.)
Isn't it obvious?

The Lord is a shepard, because most people are "sheep".

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
One further point: Suicide rates were going down in correlation to declining rates of religiousness/belief. I know that correlation doesn't equal causation but still....it's easy to see how having the concept of God in one's life leads one to stop pussyfooting around doing the right thing (namely suicide in an unbearable situation). We've "killed" God but kept hell (the miserable lives we live now and can't let go off). Religions are rife with martyrs with death wishes and those martyrs and saints are simply those with enough holy spirit and faith to act on their death wish.

Reactions: LittleJem
D

Deleted member 847

God is just people wanting the universe to have a referee

Someone that can take their pain away,
even the pain of "being scared of death"

A cosmic macho protector daddy basically (maybe that's why god is rarely thought of as a woman. Women don't make
good protectors and are rarely seen as a symbol of authority, for being physically weak and all. In culture he's always thought of as a wise old
man with a white beard, or a talking intimidating giant fire, or some mysterious invisible force with a strong presence. If he has
a form that's not human or invisible, it's always something that looks and feels intimidating or powerful, I guess that would be my point. Even
God's angels look terrifying)

It's better than to believe that you're an animal all alone living in a world that doesn't care about your feelings,
and that you'll end up as lifeless decomposing corpse one day

Isn't it so obvious why this idea still sells even to this day,
It satisfies some of the most basic and powerful human needs on Maslow's hierarchy

the needs for love, prosperity and safety

Maslows Hierarchy of Needs

Attachments

• artworks-bNDs2U3TiOBv9pjk-F6HfYw-t500x500.jpg
    artworks-bNDs2U3TiOBv9pjk-F6HfYw-t500x500.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Disinherited

Jul 17, 2021
I'm getting fed up with this site.
I know I'm writing this in a bitter spirit but data doesn't lie, correlation doesn't equal causation but what I just said in my previous post carries more weight than a fancy little pyramid that a pseudoscientist (psychology has no bedrock, there is no 2 + 2 = 4 for psychology and before you point to the bottom layer of Maslow's shallow theory it's important to know that yogis, monks, saints and the enlightened have attained bliss by flipping that pyramid on its head) thought up in probably 10 minutes.

Reactions: Jane Doe 13