• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heady_Cerebrum

Jan 24, 2020
A couple issues I ran into while trying to register for the site. One is that it doesn't seem to be possible to sign out of a rejected account. This means that you can't attempt to reregister without clearing all your browser cookies. Another issue is the username that was selected can't be reused when trying to reregister, even though the account was originally rejected. More annoying and troublesome is that the email used can't be used to reregister.

I also feel that registration could be made smoother if the registrant wasn't just outright rejected and instead they could address the mods concern over rejecting the registration. I know for myself it isn't easy to type, my hands are quite stiff and they sting/ache a lot of the time. Others maybe fragile and in need of support, so rejection outright is just another hurdle that the disenfranchised may not have the energy to engage.

Thanks!

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
There is a set criteria in use at registration. It exists for a reason. Anyone who is rejected for not providing enough reason for joining the site is asked to reapply. People who try to circumnavigate the rules, and they exist, are often given a second chance to apply, but not always. We dont want or expect your life story but we do expect some effort to be made in explaining why you wish to join the site.

Its not a perfect system and we are always looking at ways to improve the experience of users.

Reactions: Empty Smile
H

Heady_Cerebrum

Jan 24, 2020
I understand that, but it doesn't really address the email address, username, inability to sign out to redo the registration. The way it worked, at least on my end, made it difficult to reapply, and I'd venture many wouldn't think to clear their cookies to reregister. Then having to use another email address, I'm not sure how many email addresses must people have.

Again, these are issues I ran into. The technical issues were much more frustrating than the having to write out why I wanted to join.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Sorry, not come across anyone having to delete cookies or anything when needing to reapply. That's new to me.

In a perfect world, everyone would get the registration right first time, so the issues you list would not be relevant, but because its not a perfect world, people make mistakes, the software has restrictions and some try to break the rules of registration. So right now, its what it is. Sorry your experience was not a good one when trying to register.

Reactions: Empty Smile
Status
Not open for further replies.