• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DOGMA67

Nov 9, 2022
Hello everyone!
I just got the scba and assembled them. According to Scrooge's tutorial there should be no sound when opening the valves, but when I open it there is a loud airflow sound. I thought I had everything assembled? Please help me see what's wrong. Thanks a lot!

1 2

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Nice setup brah. πŸ‘Œ

According to Scrooge's tutorial
Scrooge's setup is different than yours, he used a Non Positive Pressure/Negative Pressure SCUBA. Your setup is a Positive Pressure SCBA, which is better.

when I open it there is a loud airflow sound
That happens because the demand valve is open/engaged (and it detects a lot of demand since it is in an open environment), close it with the red button.

Once you have it in your face you can open it with the front button or by doing an initial strong inhalation (autostart). When they are engaged, most demand valves also have the option to generate a constant flow by pressing the front button, useful to pre-fill the mask.

You have put together an amazing setup, foolproof, congrats. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Last edited:
D

DOGMA67

Nov 9, 2022
Nice setup brah. πŸ‘Œ

Scrooge's setup is different than yours, he used a Non Positive Pressure/Negative Pressure SCUBA. Your setup is a Positive Pressure SCBA, which is better.

That happens because the demand valve is open/engaged (and it detects a lot of demand since it is in an open environment), close it with the red button.

Once you have it in your face you can open it with the front button or by doing an initial strong inhalation (autostart). When they are engaged, most demand valves also have the option to generate a constant flow by pressing the front button, useful to pre-fill the mask.

You have put together an amazing setup, foolproof, congrats. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks for your reply! I just tried doing this and then when I opened the valve it had an airflow sound and a kind of whistling sound. Then I can feel a wind blowing out of the gas bottle (or somewhere else? But there is a strong wind continuously). The pressure gauge stopped at about 60 bar. Does this mean something is wrong with the N2 pressure? I took a video of it.

Attachments

• 3.mp4
    667.8 KB
Reactions: Wunderkind
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
The whistling sound is the "low pressure alert" of the regulator coz that's a firefighter regulator (and they need to know when they have low air left).

Is the gas flow coming from the regulator<->cylinder connection? How much did you tighten the adapter?

That air-to-nitrogen adapter is a DIN#13 to DIN477-1 Nr.10 right?
Are you sure that your cylinder is DIN477-1 Nr.10? Where are you from? Show me a photo of the naked cylinder connection.

You can disconnect the demand valve and mask for troubleshooting, by closing the cylinder valve, unloading the pressure on the circuit by pressing the front button of the demand valve (so the residual gas is purged), and then disconnecting it from the quick coupling.

Last edited:
D

DOGMA67

Nov 9, 2022
The whistling sound is the "low pressure alert" of the regulator coz that's a firefighter regulator (and they need to know when they have low air left).

Is the gas flow coming from the regulator<->cylinder connection? How much did you tighten the adapter?

Are you sure that your cylinder is DIN477-1 Nr.10? Where are you from? Show me a photo of the naked cylinder connection.

You can disconnect the demand valve and mask for troubleshooting, by closing the cylinder valve, unloading the pressure on the circuit by pressing the front button of the demand valve (so the residual gas is purged), and then disconnecting it from the quick coupling.
I am from China. The information I found shows that both the nitrogen and oxygen cylinder valves are G5/8" (but one is male thread and one is female thread), so both ends of my adapter are G5/8" female thread. I just screwed the adapter on by hand, do I need to use the tool again to screw it tighter? Do I need to fill the cylinder with more gas? Because this whistle is quite loud, I want to raise the pressure to make it stop ringing:pfff:

4 5

Reactions: Wunderkind
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
The information I found shows that both the nitrogen and oxygen cylinder valves are G5/8"
That regulator is for "air" not "oxygen".

I just screwed the adapter on by hand, do I need to use the tool again to screw it tighter?
lol. Yeah, you need to tighten it with a wrench (don't tighten it too much tho, you must not overtighten it), but yeah you need the tool, by hand is not enough lol. πŸ˜†

If you are having a leak it's because is not tight enough or the adapter is the incorrect one.

Last edited:
D

DOGMA67

Nov 9, 2022
That regulator is for "air" not "oxygen".

lol. Yeah, you need to tighten it with a wrench (don't tighten it too much tho, you must not overtighten it), but yeah you need the tool, by hand is not enough lol. πŸ˜†

If you are having a leak it's because is not tight enough or the adapter is the incorrect one.
Ok, I'll try again! Thank you very much for your help!πŸ«‚

Reactions: Endex
D

DOGMA67

Nov 9, 2022
To update the situation, the problem was indeed that I did not tighten the adapter.
So when you assemble it, always remember to use a wrench to tighten the adapter and not just your hand. This is a lesson I learned after wasting a lot of N2.πŸ˜‚

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Are you sure that your cylinder is DIN477-1 Nr.10?
Are these European or Asian designations? As opposed to ones used in US? Just curious trying to learn more just in case.

Reactions: Endex
W

Wunderkind

❀️Travel by bus
Nov 25, 2022
@GasMonkey
Give me a name, please.
I miss this detail.
G 5/8?

20221214 075040

Last edited:
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
@GasMonkey
Give me a name, please.
I miss this detail.
G 5/8?
Indeed, @DOGMA67 has said that's a G5/8" to G5/8" adapter (female on both sides coz both the cylinder and the regulator are males).

Are these European or Asian designations? As opposed to ones used in US? Just curious trying to learn more just in case.
DIN477-1 Nr.10 is the EU Nitrogen connection standard (although some countries inside EU have their own standard).
DIN#13 is the air standard used in all the world.

Last edited: