P

PerteDeChance

Suffering in perpetuity
Apr 2, 2021
Has anyone gone about purchasing a grave plot so that once they CTB the logistical tasks are minimised.

I'm considering this out of an abundance of concern for the like, one person who I would leave behind, my adult brother. But don't want to arouse suspicion with the burial society etc and make problems for myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and WornOutLife
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Just say you're really paranoid about COVID or that you're in the beginning stages of a terminal illness like cancer. They're not going to ask to see your medical records and should be happy to take your money.

I plan to do the same thing. Cremation for me though.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Misfit72 and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
That's quite thoughtful of you.
I'll just leave all my money on a table so that my family can cover all my funeral expenses.

Reactions: noname223, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Celerity
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
I wish I could convince my family just doing the free stuff.
The whole funeral thing is in my eyes a huge scam. Why should I care which coffin I get.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'll just leave all my money on a table so that my family can cover all my funeral expenses.
Won't the cops just be able to steal the money then? Sounds like a bad idea, tbh.

Reactions: Mentalmick
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I think everyone regardless of their health should have a living will or an end of life plan so that any bad actors or next of kin who don't know any better won't end up making unwanted decisions in the case of an emergency.

Several family members of mine wrote wills long before they died, to make sure that they got the sort of funeral they requested and that their finances were sorted out. The managers of funeral parlors often try to suck money out of grieving individuals when they're at rock bottom emotionally, so I've always wanted to be prepared in case that manipulation happens to whoever ends up managing the business of my dying.

Reactions: PerteDeChance
Carrotcake

Carrotcake

Experienced
Nov 27, 2019
I know in my country there are websites/services that allow you to state your wishes or make arrangements for when you die.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Won't the cops just be able to steal the money then? Sounds like a bad idea, tbh.

That's right.
However, I know my dad will find me first and he would probably find it and hide it asap.

Also, I could hide it somewhere else, such as my brother's apartment.

The bank is not an option because they won't be able to get that money. It's really complicated in Argentina.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I've heard griefing family members need a task they can do after one commited suicide. It is kind of a distraction for them. Somehow i would be glad that I can give my family a little bit of money when I am dead. But it depends when I am going to execute my plans.

Into The Void

Into The Void

Student
Mar 10, 2021
Has anyone gone about purchasing a grave plot so that once they CTB the logistical tasks are minimised.

I'm considering this out of an abundance of concern for the like, one person who I would leave behind, my adult brother. But don't want to arouse suspicion with the burial society etc and make problems for myself.
Personally I would just leave the money for family and let family deal with it after I'm gone.

P

PerteDeChance

Suffering in perpetuity
Apr 2, 2021
I think everyone regardless of their health should have a living will or an end of life plan so that any bad actors or next of kin who don't know any better won't end up making unwanted decisions in the case of an emergency.

Several family members of mine wrote wills long before they died, to make sure that they got the sort of funeral they requested and that their finances were sorted out. The managers of funeral parlors often try to suck money out of grieving individuals when they're at rock bottom emotionally, so I've always wanted to be prepared in case that manipulation happens to whoever ends up managing the business of my dying.
Exactly. If I prepay and prearrange in my (perhaps strangely) stoic and rational state, these predatory MF'ers won't be able to seize upon And exploit the grief my relative is in

S

suicidal257

Nov 24, 2020
I wish my remains would just be cremated and disposed of but I'm don't care about it to make any arrangements.

Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl
sadbadpsychogirl

sadbadpsychogirl

sonofabitch
May 29, 2020
no i'm being pretty inconsiderate i guess.. but my family knows its coming they can just dump me in some hole or something

Reactions: Odwin
Thisgirlwantstosleep

Thisgirlwantstosleep

A pointless life had in a pointless world
Mar 11, 2019
Well I mean if you can afford the burial plot right now why not just put the money in a savings account that you allow your brother to have access to once you pass?

Also cremation is way cheaper than a coffin, and so are the plots for urns if you're really looking for the least costly option.

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
You can check the fees on your local councils website if you are U.K.
a single plot grave is £1500
A urn plot is £650 and to reopen the one I own will cost the same, £650

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
A lot cheaper than I thought I thought more like £4-£5k

P

PerteDeChance

Suffering in perpetuity
Apr 2, 2021
I'm looking at a Jewish cemetery so it'll be a bit more expensive.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I'm looking at a pothole.

• Yay!
Reactions: loopylou
hfdepression30

hfdepression30

Experienced
Mar 30, 2021
I wouldn't want a grave plot. I'd rather have an unattended direct cremation without a funeral.

Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep and Misfit72