W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
I thinkn one of the biggest steps towards better mental health care is to stop slamming people in a psych ward the instant they say they want to die. And for the mental hospitals to not feel like prisons of course.
Right now my employer has me hired as a contract worker, so I have no employment rights. If I were to slip up and wind up sanctioned I would be almost guaranteed to lose my job. I want to ctb so bad but if i fail right now I lose my job on top of having a failed ctb attempt. Like how is any of that supposed to facilitate healing??

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WearyWanderer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, it's_all_a_game and 11 others
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I feel you. I had an attempt in February, was in the hospital for a month, lost my job, and I've been in a group home since. I dont know how taking away my income and away from my S.O and away from my home will do any good.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, it's_all_a_game, Scribble Fan and 9 others
Shadowgeist

Shadowgeist

Jun 1, 2021
This is so accurate. These Mental Wards/Hospitals are exactly like prisons. You have to follow the rules, take your meds, and lie through your teeth to get out on good behavior. I was just in one for 6 days, and it was eye opening as to how bad the system really is. Piss soaked mattresses, forced to take meds without any knowledge of what you are taking, disgusting and dirty living conditions, group therapy that was dumbed down to the level of young children, disgusting food, and I witnessed many patients treated like animals instead of humans. I will never forget my experience there, and never want to go back.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jane Doe 13, WearyWanderer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 8 others
DemonicAngel

DemonicAngel

Another brick in the wall.
Jan 21, 2021
That's one reason I fear failure so much. I don't want to go back there. I've been six times. My last time was about 5/6 years ago. They take you away from the few good things you have. They made me want to ctb more not less.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WearyWanderer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WaitingForTheBusInTh and 4 others
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Never went there, but I'd avoid that. I don't want people forcing their pro-life ideology on me.

If I want to die, just let me die. I don't want to prolong my suffering. Bunch of torturers these firemen, ambulance staff, police, PSYCH ward staff, and all others who intervene during a suicide session.

• Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WaitingForTheBusInTh, western_heart and 2 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I still have horrific PTSD from my experience being involuntarily sectioned after a failed attempt last year, and I've gone into greater detail about my time spent there in some of my more dated posts.

I think that the primary goal of psych wards isn't to "cure" you of your mental illness, but instead to traumatize you enough that you wouldn't dare attempt again out of fear of returning there.

It's actually the main reason I haven't attempted again despite me possessing LW SN… because if I were to fail I'd just be subjecting myself to more unbearable suffering and systemic abuse from the mental health "industry".

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WaitingForTheBusInTh and 4 others
FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
The only thing mental hospitals are for is to feed people drugs in the hopes that they will get better. It's awful for people who aren't psychotically deranged. We must do better.

Reactions: western_heart
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I've always believed it's very important to attempt to ctb somewhere where no nosy asshole can find me & call the ambulance. "The woods are lovely, dark & deep", as the poem goes

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WaitingForTheBusInTh, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Exactly!
I don't understand how on Earth they expect individuals to get better in this hell in which they just get you drugged and once you're released you're nothing but a "monitored zombie".

I don't know what the system can exactly do to help us but, psych ward, according to all the experiences I read, just don't work and are hellish.

Last edited:
Reactions: WearyWanderer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WaitingForTheBusInTh and 1 other person
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
I go into these threads already knowing that I never want to set foot anywhere near one of those hellholes, and yet every time I somehow find out something even worse that I didn't already know. Piss soaked mattresses? I shouldn't be surprised at this point. Seems like the state (especially America, I'm not so sure about other places) is just that desperate to keep its slaves citizens alive so that they can squeeze every last penny out of us.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, WaitingForTheBusInTh and western_heart
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is my worst nightmare going into one of them. Many people from what I've heard just end up feeling worse and they take drugs which ruin their lives. There is literally no difference between them and prisons. We should be allowed a right to die, it should be a basic human right.

• Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer, WaitingForTheBusInTh, Sans and 1 other person