C

catthegoldrushpotat

Sep 15, 2024
Potassium cyanide is surprisingly easy to make so here is a layman's guide to do it.

Steps:
1. Obtain potassium ferrocyanide. While this has the word "cyanide" in the name, you can easily buy it and it isn't toxic. It's a lemon-yellow powder and a quick google search should help you find a source for it.
2. Dry the powder, preferably in an oven, since it really likes to suck water from the air.
3. Heat it with a blow torch or another source of a flame until it starts bubbling and keep going until it doesn't bubble anymore. It should be a black and white goo.
4. Let it cool down and dissolve it in water. (let it sit for a while, it takes a bit to dissolve from my experience)
5. Filter out the black stuff and keep the liquid.
6. Dry the liquid in an oven until it's a white/slightly yellow powder (yellow means that the reaction didn't complete fully but it doesn't matter for a large enough dose)

Boom, there you have it. Be aware that potassium cyanide *really* likes to suck water from the air. Leaving it exposed for a couple of hours turns it into a wet puddle so store it in an air tight dry container.

I personally wouldn't use cyanide to ctb but imma leave it out here in case someone needs it.

• Informative
Reactions: dela, DontTouchMeImFamous, VengoEnPaz and 4 others
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Doesn't heating of potassium ferrocyanide produce cyanogen as a by-product? It's a very toxic gas that may cause poisoning with or without lethal consequences, so the pyrolysis should probably be done with caution.

• Informative
Reactions: DontTouchMeImFamous and Praestat_Mori
nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024
Isn't cyanide like an EXTREMELY painful death?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Making this at home would endager all in your building and those that find or remove your body. (assuming you made it successfully)
I am sure there are more easily attained methods that only endanger you.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I think I saw a video where some dude heated potassium ferrocyanide in a small crucible. He told that cyanogen is easily eliminated by combustion so its toxicity doesn't pose a high risk. However, it may produce an excessive heat when burning, so you should be well prepared to dealing with high temperatures.

C

catthegoldrushpotat

Sep 15, 2024
yeah do it outside from a safe distance obviously, you're working with cyanide afterall

DontTouchMeImFamous

DontTouchMeImFamous

Jul 18, 2024
Isn't cyanide like an EXTREMELY painful death?
Yeah but it's VERY VERY quick and impossible to be rescued. Death would occur in maximum 1.8 minutes. And according to Lost All Hope, it's not more painful than a shotgun to head and takes about the same time to die.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I think, if it were extremely painful, poisoning with KCN wouldn't be so popular among people who had access to it. They'd just use something else like hanging or gunshot to the head instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unknown21
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think, if it were extremely painful, KCN wouldn't be so popular among people who had access to it.
The good thing is about 300mg is deadly. I would say ingesting 0.5 - 1g will lead to a relatively quick death incl. quick unconsciousness. Probably much faster than SN. Afaik, there's also no protocol needed for death by KCN.

It'd be my emergency backup method in any case.

• Love
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and Unknown21
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
I would say ingesting 0.5 - 1g will lead to a relatively quick death incl. quick unconsciousness. Probably much faster than SN. Afaik, there's also no protocol needed for death by KCN.
Perhaps, taking food or drinking shortly before KCN may significantly delay the effects of poisoning, so refraining from meal and drinks beforehand would still be advisable.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Perhaps, taking food or drinking shortly before KCN may significantly delay the effects of poisoning, so refraining from meal and drinks beforehand would still be advisable.
Well, yes, there shouldn't be a big meal with any OD method shortly before the attempt. But I thought that was kinda clear.

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress