G

Graknil

I have SN hidden in a sock drawer for 2 years.
Dec 17, 2021
I decided I wanted to make something damned good. I know sourdough was the joke of the pandemic but I didn't do it then. I have been trying to get used to living alone and have gotten better at baking as a result. I think I am kicking ass at it honestly. I think about the SN at the back of my drawer some days. Most days I am ok but lonely. The humera is working I don't hurt all of the time like I used to.

Attachments

• received_1508797793025870.jpeg
    received_1508797793025870.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 0
  • received_1194977904813839.jpeg
    received_1194977904813839.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: heisenberg, reclaimedbynature, Widdershins and 10 others
sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
That looks amazing!

Also LMAO, the title of this post was fantastic :pfff:

• Yay!
Reactions: kawaiiphantom and Graknil
Miku _fanboy101

Miku _fanboy101

Rahhhh
Oct 23, 2023
I decided I wanted to make something damned good. I know sourdough was the joke of the pandemic but I didn't do it then. I have been trying to get used to living alone and have gotten better at baking as a result. I think I am kicking ass at it honestly. I think about the SN at the back of my drawer some days. Most days I am ok but lonely. The humera is working I don't hurt all of the time like I used to.
The bread look so good….the bread will be delicious. Is the bread good?

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I want now with some butter. That looks absolutely delicious xx

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I love baking now, it's helped me a lot, I bake far too many cakes and sweet treats though, might have to try some sourdough.

Backstory I used to do a bit of cooking and baking before, but then my chronic pain became so bad I couldn't. All I could do was lie on the floor watching TV and I started watching a lof of the food network and baking shows, I used to dream of just making something, anything. Then I managed to recover and now I can actually do it!
This is a cake I made 2 days ago, It's an orange cake with lemon buttercream
DSCF3248

Last edited:
Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
I love baking now, it's helped me a lot, I bake far too many cakes and sweet treats though, might have to try some sourdough.

Backstory I used to do a bit of cooking and baking before, but then my chronic pain became so bad I couldn't. All I could do was lie on the floor watching TV and I started watching a lof of the food network and baking shows, I used to dream of just making something, anything. Then I managed to recover and now I can actually do it!
This is a cake I made 2 days ago, It's an orange cake with lemon buttercream
View attachment 128460
Hey. I don't know what made me think about baking lol. So question... can you make a decent batter without a mixer and without a lot of hard work? I don't want to make a brick :) and I don't have any kitchen gear.

Reactions: carac
carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Hey. I don't know what made me think about baking lol. So question... can you make a decent batter without a mixer and without a lot of hard work? I don't want to make a brick :) and I don't have any kitchen gear.
Honestly I don't know, I think it would depend on the mix but generally my answer would be yes. I tend to use a mixer, I think it just saves time though. You should just go for it, worrying about getting things wrong put me off a lot. The more you bake though the more you learn from your mistakes and most mess ups are still usually edible and taste great
Honestly I don't know, I think it would depend on the mix but generally my answer would be yes. I tend to use a mixer, I think it just saves time though. You should just go for it, worrying about getting things wrong put me off a lot. The more you bake though the more you learn from your mistakes and most mess ups are still usually edible and taste great
Sorry I just forgot you have wrist issues, yea it might be an issue there are things you can make though that don't require much mixing. Like you can make a pancake batter from just whisking or shaking or buy ready made stuff. You can make stuff that uses more kneading, depends what you can manage

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrews
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
YUMMMMYYYYYYY looks like u did amazing!!!! Gimme >:3 so glad the humera is working <3
Nintendo Eating GIF

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Slf usd t/ mke cke battr alne whn ws 9-10 yrs old

Tkes smll amnt of elbw-greas bt = easy enuf

Jst softn buttr in mcrowve fr 10-15 secnds b4 blendng wth sugr if needd - tht = mst dffclt prt

Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024

Sorry I just forgot you have wrist issues, yea it might be an issue there are things you can make though that don't require much mixing. Like you can make a pancake batter from just whisking or shaking or buy ready made stuff. You can make stuff that uses more kneading, depends what you can manage
Thanks yea I guess it's all about experimenting. I'll watch some recipes on youtube and see if there's anything that matches my expectations :)
I can manage a bit of whisking :)

carac

carac

May 27, 2023
Thanks yea I guess it's all about experimenting. I'll watch some recipes on youtube and see if there's anything that matches my expectations :)
I can manage a bit of whisking :)
yea like Dot says, most cakes start with mixing sugar and butter together to like a blend. You can help this by softening or melting the butter. One thing I forgot about that requires very little mixing is Kladdkaka, like a goey swedish chocolate cake. It's really easy to make, you just make all the batter in a saucepan. You might need a cake tin with a removal bottom though but I think a shallow one would work.

Kladdkaka I made a while ago
DSCF3217