I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
I KNOW THIS IS STUPID BUT I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO TALK TO ME, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING

I'm having a massive anxiety attack in the middle of the night about vaping (nicotine, I've never been a smoker, it made me anxious, but somehow vaping tricked me into not feeling it at first), I've been doing it for a year and a half and haven't been able to quit even though I feel like it's increasing my anxiety and panic (which I already had tons of, it's the reason for me contemplating ctb). I chainvape which might be causing the anxiety, the fact that I can't put it down, it's in my hand ALL THE TIME, PRETTY MUCH LITERALLY.

I've tried lowering the miligrams to 6 from 18, I feel like I'm never going to kick this habit that seems to be causing me so much panic on top of the anxiety/panic I already have.

I feel like if I get to 0mg I'll just end up getting higher mg vape juice from someone in the house, I've tried cold turkey lots of times. I've been told the lozenges/gum/patches aren't worth trying because they won't work unless you're determined to quit, the problem is my mind thinks I'm soothing it's anxiety from using it but it's actually giving me more anxiety.

I feel like I can't talk to anyone about this because I don't see people talk about this problem very often. I'm lonely. I'm doomed. I'm supposed to be looking for colleges in September but I'm having HORRIBLE panic, I don't feel like I could work/study at all right now, I'll just end up drinking every day again and messing it up.

Sorry for this crazy post, I just need someone to talk to me about it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LastFlowers and MYStERY_Man
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
This isn't stupid. Sounds like you got dependent.

At first it helps. Then you get used to it. Then you crave it. Then you need it to function as you used to without it.

But, ultimately, whether you stop or not is your judgement to make.

Reactions: IWantToSleep
I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
This isn't stupid. Sounds like you got dependent.

At first it helps. Then you get used to it. Then you crave it. Then you need it to function as you used to without it.

But, ultimately, whether you stop or not is your judgement to make.
Thanks for the response, I feel like it's making me more anxious but then again, I'm not binge eating and throwing the food up or getting taxis into town for alcohol anymore since I started really, if I lived closer to somewhere I could buy it I probably would be drinking everyday, which tricks me into thinking I can't give it up because then I'll have nothing to relieve my anxiety.

Plus the withdrawals always get me. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. I feel like even someone who wasn't normally this anxious or panicky would have a hard time quitting.

I don't know why I'm replying so lengthily to your reply with my nonsense, but again, thanks very much for the response.

• Hugs
Reactions: MYStERY_Man
I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
when i have tried giving up smoking in the past i have found the patches really do help me. It is more trying to replace the habit that I found so hard. so maybe something like gum would help you as it would keep your mouth busy and then maybe carry a stress ball or something around to keep your hands busy

Reactions: IWantToSleep