W

wereqryan

Experienced
Dec 22, 2018
I have a fairly spacious house with over 12 feet high ceilings. My plan is to buy a power rack that's about 8 feet tall and 220 lbs (100 kgs). I will also have some mountain climbing rope for my noose. My question is, will 8 feet be enough for full suspension? I'm pretty short; only 5'7.

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Heyyyyy, my method-brother! We finna "hang in there".

• Yay!
Reactions: Rabitfever, LifeQuitter2018, iwanttodie000 and 2 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
It should be, you've got a couple of feet to play with. Is the frame stable? Because you'll probably swing about a bit and tipping over wouldn't be ideal.

• Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07, iwanttodie000 and GenesAndEnvironment
W

wereqryan

Experienced
Dec 22, 2018
Is the frame stable? Because you'll probably swing about a bit and tipping over wouldn't be ideal.
Yeah the stability is an issue. I'm thinking of mounting the rack to the floor. If the mounting cannot be done for some reason, I plan to hang some weights on the sides of the rack to compensate for the torque I'd generate while hanging.

Reactions: Mentalmick and iwanttodie000
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
This was my second choice for methods as I've done so much partial over the years. I guess it's still my back up.

C

Chemicalcastration20

Sep 11, 2020
This was my second choice for methods as I've done so much partial over the years. I guess it's still my back up.
Can you not find the sweet spot with partial? I am finding it difficult! I have a long drop set up deep in woods that I can attend for desperate measures.. a 4ft drop should break my neck!

Reactions: iwanttodie000
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
Can you not find the sweet spot with partial? I am finding it difficult! I have a long drop set up deep in woods that I can attend for desperate measures.. a 4ft drop should break my neck
I've only passed out twice from partial - really have a super hard time finding the sweet spot. Both times I passed out, I was alone and came out of it - I have zero idea why. Finding the sweet spot is super difficult tho. I don't know if I could ever do long drop, but it sure would be effective I would think.

Reactions: Chemicalcastration20
C

Chemicalcastration20

Sep 11, 2020
I've only passed out twice from partial - really have a super hard time finding the sweet spot. Both times I passed out, I was alone and came out of it - I have zero idea why. Finding the sweet spot is super difficult tho. I don't know if I could ever do long drop, but it sure would be effective I would think.
Some people seem to find it and others have great difficulty.. I get more of a head exploding feeling if its above my Adams apple.. If I go low near my collar bones in a near enough laying down position that seems like it could work! How long did you pass out for, also what position was you in and which knot? Yeah long drop takes big balls I have sat on that branch about 5 times now and just can't pluck of the strength to jump.. Only fear is I dangle there in extreme pain suffocating!

• Love
Reactions: iwanttodie000
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
Some people seem to find it and others have great difficulty.. I get more of a head exploding feeling if its above my Adams apple.. If I go low near my collar bones in a near enough laying down position that seems like it could work! How long did you pass out for, also what position was you in and which knot? Yeah long drop takes big balls I have sat on that branch about 5 times now and just can't pluck of the strength to jump.. Only fear is I dangle there in extreme pain suffocating!
Yeah, I've had great difficulty finding it. Oh how sweet that would be if I could find it and just go unconscious and die peacefully like that. I've also had the head exploding feeling when I've done it. I've actually used a belt the times I've done it, so not really a knot. The 2 times I passed out, I believe it was just for a minute or two. I just wish I knew what made me come out of it, I was alone, who knows. First time I used my bed post and slid down to the point I ended up laying flat on my back. The second time was a door knob where I slid down same way. I recently just a few weeks ago also used the belt and wrapped it around my desk and let myself fall forward, that fucked up my neck but was really effective. Luckily it didn't bruise so ppl didn't ask questions, but it was hard to swallow for like a week after that. Long drop def takes balls, I don't think i could do it. Maybe suspension, but long drop, damn, all I'd hope is the neck would break instantly instead of dangling there and suffocating.

Reactions: bob12
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
all I'd hope is the neck would break instantly instead of dangling there and suffocating.
Wouldn't a blood choke ensue like with full and (successful) partial suspension?

K

katesmith

Mar 30, 2021
I have the problem of getting past the head exploding feeling. I keep putting the rope up by my jaw line. Maybe I should try it down my my collarbone will I still get the head exploding feeling?

Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl