Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
Has anyone had a bad experience buying N and paying through Western Union? I'm in the US. I don't know how to use Cryptocurrency or anything like that. Cash through Western Union is the only way I'd be able to pay but I don't know how risky that is?

speck

speck

Student
May 5, 2020
Cash is the least risky, supposedly, because your cc isn't attached. Crypto turned out to be pretty easy though, there are some good guides here- so if you're in doubt, it doesn't hurt to take another look.

Reactions: Pen>Sword
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
So I could just send him straight cold hard cash? What about money orders?

speck

speck

Student
May 5, 2020
So I could just send him straight cold hard cash? What about money orders?
oh, no. i meant paying the western union WITH cash. you can not make a direct payment in cash, no.

• Love
Reactions: Butterfly65
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
oh, no. i meant paying the western union WITH cash. you can not make a direct payment in cash, no.
Ok got ya, it would be easier to stuff the money in a box and send it to him totally untraceable.

Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
What if he says he never got it.
Well, if he's trustworthy as people say he is then hopefully he wouldn't do that? But I think sending straight out cash would be the safest as far as the law goes. Totally untraceable.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Well, if he's trustworthy as people say he is then hopefully he wouldn't do that? But I think sending straight out cash would be the safest as far as the law goes. Totally untraceable.

You shouldn't send money in letters because it can genuinely get lost or stolen. I'd recommend to invest some time and energy into the basics of cryptocurrency, it's the safest option.

Reactions: peacefulhorizons and HopelessFight
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
I would take a crash course in crypto. Buying and sending bitcoin isn't that hard. Just be aware the transaction fee of sending bitcoins to someone else is about $30 (and goes up/down depending on bitcoin value), so you need to add this to the price.

Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
You shouldn't send money in letters because it can genuinely get lost or stolen. I'd recommend to invest some time and energy into the basics of cryptocurrency, it's the safest option.
I wish I had the time and the energy. But I don't. :(
Hell I'm close enough to the border he could just meet me somewhere to make an exchange. (Joke) I know he couldn't do that but there's got to be an option for me besides WU or Crypto.

Last edited:
H

HopelessFight

Warlock
Jan 31, 2021
I wish I had the time and the energy. But I don't. :(
Hell I'm close enough to the border he could just meet me somewhere to make an exchange. (Joke) I know he couldn't do that but there's got to be an option for me besides WU or Crypto.
Take a moment to reflect. You're making an important purchase. You don't need to technically understand crypto in order to buy and send it. The sellers will often offer you multiple cryptocurrencies you can use to pay, just choose bitcoin as it's the easiest to buy as a beginner.

Reactions: RainAndSadness
Butterfly65

Butterfly65

One step closer
Oct 28, 2020
So if I choose bitcoin it will tell me how much money to transform from cash into bitcoin?