C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
Jun 7, 2021
Hello! This is my first time participating here, but I've been reading through a lot while I waited for my account to be approved. First let me say this is just questions about why I failed in this method a decade ago (as a young teen), and I have no intention on trying this method again. It's simply out of curiosity.

I tried to overdose on paracetamol when I was a teen, I had read about how it actually kills you but I thought the days/weeks of suffering would be worth it to have a guaranteed death in the end. I weighed approximately 55kg, I took approximately 60 X 500mg tablets, so 30g.

I had read online the fatal dose for adults was 10g, a packet is 12g, so I bought two packets plus what we had in the house and figured it would be enough. I took them after my father went to sleep, kept them all down, went to bed. Next day I was feeling ill, had a headache and an upset stomach, but still no vomiting/diarrhoea. So they stayed down. I expected to start getting symptoms of liver failure within days but didn't tell anyone/try to change it, but instead I was just fine and no one has ever known I did that.

My questions are:
-any one have a clue why nothing happened?
-is my math wrong? I've always sucked at math and that's what I assumed for years but I'm not sure
-is it normal to not panic after you take something you believe will kill you? Or even the next day?
-if my liver somehow just dealt with it, could I have permanently damaged it? Or in the years after would it have fixed itself with no help?

Thanks in advanced!

Reactions: hahabye, ErzsebetBATHORY and lobster salad
E

ErzsebetBATHORY

BLOOD COUNTESS. ashes ashes, we all fall down
Jun 2, 2021
Hello! This is my first time participating here, but I've been reading through a lot while I waited for my account to be approved. First let me say this is just questions about why I failed in this method a decade ago (as a young teen), and I have no intention on trying this method again. It's simply out of curiosity.

I tried to overdose on paracetamol when I was a teen, I had read about how it actually kills you but I thought the days/weeks of suffering would be worth it to have a guaranteed death in the end. I weighed approximately 55kg, I took approximately 60 X 500mg tablets, so 30g.

I had read online the fatal dose for adults was 10g, a packet is 12g, so I bought two packets plus what we had in the house and figured it would be enough. I took them after my father went to sleep, kept them all down, went to bed. Next day I was feeling ill, had a headache and an upset stomach, but still no vomiting/diarrhoea. So they stayed down. I expected to start getting symptoms of liver failure within days but didn't tell anyone/try to change it, but instead I was just fine and no one has ever known I did that.

My questions are:
-any one have a clue why nothing happened?
-is my math wrong? I've always sucked at math and that's what I assumed for years but I'm not sure
-is it normal to not panic after you take something you believe will kill you? Or even the next day?
-if my liver somehow just dealt with it, could I have permanently damaged it? Or in the years after would it have fixed itself with no help?

Thanks in advanced!
dont quote me on this but i think that its prolonged overdoses of it that kills you. i doubt its a very lethal method by nature.

Attachments

• goodtimes.jpg
    goodtimes.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 1
C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
Jun 7, 2021
dont quote me on this but i think that its prolonged overdoses of it that kills you. i doubt its a very lethal method by nature.
That would make sense. I've read coroner's reports and studies online where people have died from as little as 7.5g, but it was spread over a day or two.

Upvote 0
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
It's a bad method & a slow, agonizing death. If you end up in the hospital, they'll save you, but your liver will be damaged

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Disco Biscuit
Upvote 1
C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
Jun 7, 2021
It's a bad method & a slow, agonizing death. If you end up in the hospital, they'll save you, but your liver will be damaged
Thanks, but as I mentioned in the post, I tried this a decade ago and have no intention on trying this way again. I was just trying to figure out why it didn't work. I'm an adult now with more resources, if I choose to die I'll likely try find SN. But I appreciate you trying to warn people away from unnecessary pain

Upvote 0
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Thanks, but as I mentioned in the post, I tried this a decade ago and have no intention on trying this way again. I was just trying to figure out why it didn't work. I'm an adult now with more resources, if I choose to die I'll likely try find SN. But I appreciate you trying to warn people away from unnecessary pain

I'm glad to know you know this method is a bad idea.
I wish we were not suffering on this goddamn blue rock.

Hope you have a nice or at least decent weekend!

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Love
Reactions: C8THEGR8
Upvote 1
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
I can't answer all of your questions, buut I can say your math is right.

And I had a similar experience regarding the lack of panic. One of my attempts as a teen - sleeping pills and drowning in a tub - I remember being absolutely calm doing that (I was certain that it would work). And even after I failed the attempt (I didn't even fall asleep, the pills were homeopathic), I just casually went to bed and then to school the other morning.

Didn't shed a single tear during the entire process. The most panicked I felt was actually when I was acquiring the pills - was pretty sure they're going to suspect something at the pharmacy. :))

Upvote 1
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Once tried didnt work. was kind of drunk and next morning I had headache.

How ironic, an overdose of painkiller creates headache

Last edited:
Reactions: Anonymous_A
Upvote 1
C

C8THEGR8

Drunk and Disordered
Jun 7, 2021
I'm glad to know you know this method is a bad idea.
I wish we were not suffering on this goddamn blue rock.

Hope you have a nice or at least decent weekend!

Hugs and love,

Matt
Thank you! I've seen you comment on a few posts, I think it's lovely that you're always so supportive and cheerful :)

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
Upvote 0