C

carplad

Mar 3, 2021
Anyone know if this fish egg SN is any good?
States technical grade 99%pure

Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
If it's the one on the jungle website I've seen mixed reviews

quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
I've read in some aquarium forums and they say that those test kits are not accurate. I think a simpler and more reliable way to find out is to just put a bit of Sn and drop some fresh blood on it. If it turns dark fast it's good.

C

carplad

Mar 3, 2021
I've read in some aquarium forums and they say that those test kits are not accurate. I think a simpler and more reliable way to find out is to just put a bit of Sn and drop some fresh blood on it. If it turns dark fast it's good.
Yes but on here there's so many doubts about this method??

quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
Yes but on here there's so many doubts about this method??
There is no way of guaranteeing the exact purity of a chemical without a lab test. The blood test guarantees that it will at least cause methemoglobinemia which is what will ultimately kill you, and costs nothing. That's why I don't recommend bothering with the test strips.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness and NO-HOPE
C

carplad

Mar 3, 2021
There is no way of guaranteeing the exact purity of a chemical without a lab test. The blood test guarantees that it will at least cause methemoglobinemia which is what will ultimately kill you, and costs nothing. That's why I don't recommend bothering with the test strips.
Difficult one! Most people on here say blood test is worthless??

quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
Difficult one! Most people on here say blood test is worthless??
It's not worthless. If it turns your blood dark quickly it means it has increased the methemoglobin in the blood, which is what will kill you. If you want to be certain of the exact purity you can send it to a lab though. That's the only way.

C

carplad

Mar 3, 2021
It's not worthless. If it turns your blood dark quickly it means it has increased the methemoglobin in the blood, which is what will kill you. If you want to be certain of the exact purity you can send it to a lab though. That's the only way.
Ok Cheers