liljeep

liljeep

wake up i know you can hear me
Jul 1, 2023
I almost died from accidental Fentanyl ingestion twice, administered Narcan and CPR and then hospitalized. Both times someone called paramedics. I was unconscious, doing death rattles and blue in the face. Very close.

From everything I've reading, a DNR only saves you from CPR (I guess that might be enough if you're already choking on your own vomit) but there's no way to prevent being administered Narcan.

Is it that much more likely that resuscitation efforts will be useless if you combined Fentanyl (or Isotonitazene maybe) with a heavy dose of Xanax?

Reactions: Tonkpils
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Is it that much more likely that resuscitation efforts will be useless if you combined Fentanyl (or Isotonitazene maybe) with a heavy dose of Xanax?
Benzos are not made to OD on them. They're pretty "safe". Have you considered to make sure you're not being found too early? When nobody finds you you also won't be resuscitated.

Reactions: Unknown21
liljeep

liljeep

wake up i know you can hear me
Jul 1, 2023
Benzos are not made to OD on them. They're pretty "safe". Have you considered to make sure you're not being found too early? When nobody finds you you also won't be resuscitated.
I'm not saying benzos themselves are lethal. I'm referring to the synergy and respiratory depression from combining them with opioids.

The thing is just that death rattles are not quiet, and death from an opioid OD alone isn't rapid. I guess the setting (somewhere where no one will be for at least a couple hours) is more important to consider than the qty/combo of drugs taken.

Reactions: Tonkpils