J

just_a_swell_fella

Mar 13, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm a first time poster, long time lurker (just didn't have an account before).

I know my time has come and I've done all the research and gathered all the necessary materials to CTB peacefully with SN.

I plan on checking into a hotel and slipping away there; however, I want to make one last goodbye phone call. I know how risky it is and also raises the chances of getting found too early but I really want to give this person 1 more chance to speak to me before my passing.

Now, onto the tricky part. I've done a fair amount of research on the criteria allowing police to track your phone if determined you are suicidal. And the tracking can happen within minutes and the police can get to you within an hour timeframe. SN needs at minimum a 4 hour window to be 100% certain effective.

This particular person knows I'm suicidal, and actually already called the police on me during my last attempt (my first ever). I told the person I had SN ready (I did it was in my hands ready to go). The police surprisingly didn't end up tracking me, although they reported it to my university and shit got much worse. They now require me to complete "risk assessments" every week with a university psychologist. (bs ik)

Anyways I've written all my last words in a series of notes scheduled to go out. (All using password protected word documents so gmail doesn't pickup any suicidal lingo and intercept the emails).

I really want to make one last call to this person and if I only have 20 mins to talk and must ditch my phone afterwards I'll do it. And I was thinking of buying some burner phones, and limiting the calls to 10-20 mins on each while simultaneously moving around in a car so police would not be able to locate me in time thru tracking before I ditch each phone.

As well as I am making sure to cover all my tracks and make sure the hotel I am checking into will not be traceable by any of my financial info such as credit cards/or banking accounts linked to myself.

I have also considered not straight out admitting I am going to CTB in the phone call, but I also want to get down to the nitty gritty and rather not beat around the bush especially if it's going to be our last call. I really just want to let them know how much I truly cared about them and how difficult this decision was to make and I don't think an email/letter will do those feelings/emotion justice.

Anyone have any advice or better ideas?

Reactions: RowdyH999
O

Outofhope

Feb 19, 2021
Call via Skype. They'd have to get a subpoena to get your IP address and the process would be too long or not worth while for your local police.

Reactions: just_a_swell_fella