keg-ireland

keg-ireland

May 3, 2024
While I have my method (Full Suspension Hanging) all setup and ready, my psychiatrist phoned on Friday and wants to add Lithium as an adjunctive to my other meds and she said she is really hopeful and this will help me get my life back.

Obviously I'm not as optimistic as she is but have decided to try it and give life "One more chance". I have to get my bloods checked next week first and then start Lithium. I've never been on Lithium before but reading up it seems to be used alot for those with Bipolar. I don't have Bipolar, but have major depressive disorder.

I'm a little bit hopeful but if this doesn't help any then I will recommence my plan to CTB.

Reactions: CC123 and Kalista
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best.

Reactions: keg-ireland
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
While I have my method (Full Suspension Hanging) all setup and ready, my psychiatrist phoned on Friday and wants to add Lithium as an adjunctive to my other meds and she said she is really hopeful and this will help me get my life back.

Obviously I'm not as optimistic as she is but have decided to try it and give life "One more chance". I have to get my bloods checked next week first and then start Lithium. I've never been on Lithium before but reading up it seems to be used alot for those with Bipolar. I don't have Bipolar, but have major depressive disorder.

I'm a little bit hopeful but if this doesn't help any then I will recommence my plan to CTB.
I'm also on lithium for MDD & not bipolar, and while it obviously hasn't taken away all of my suicidal ideations, it has made me feel a lot more level headed. A lot of people I know have had success with lithium as well. I will say though to pay close attention to how you feel on it & as doses are adjusted bc I've had some side effects from it. Either way I hope you are able to find some peace

keg-ireland

keg-ireland

May 3, 2024
I'm also on lithium for MDD & not bipolar, and while it obviously hasn't taken away all of my suicidal ideations, it has made me feel a lot more level headed. A lot of people I know have had success with lithium as well. I will say though to pay close attention to how you feel on it & as doses are adjusted bc I've had some side effects from it. Either way I hope you are able to find some peace
Thank you for this as it has given me more hope. I understand there's no wonder drug but if it helps and increases my quality of life, then that will be much welcomed.

Hope you are doing OK.

• Hugs
Reactions: ferrie