Pessimist

Pessimist

Mage
May 5, 2021
My therapist told me I am right about the fact that the world is a terrible and a very negative place, and I would have to lie to myself to feel better and not commit suicide.

She said that all people lie to themselves, and that it is not a bad thing to lie to yourself. She said this is why the human race is not yet extinct and people are not going crazy.

It makes me pretty upset, but now I realize that I wasn't wrong about being a pessimist.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: JustAnumber, Hurt, Scribble Fan and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Woah! That's surprising!
She didn't tell you something like "life is precious" "things are not as bad as you think" and so on.

I think every single human being lies!!
I don't consider myself a bad person but damn...I've really lied throughout my life lol.

Wish you the best!!

Hugs,

Matt

• Hugs
Reactions: Pessimist
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
I share your therapist's point of view about the world. I think it's a bad place specially nowadays pandemia. There are a few things I still enjoy which make me keep on going in this world. Those are things that for me are worth living although sometimes I think I have nothing left to give. There are people who keep going despite how bad this world is and there are people who give up. I don't judge them. No one asked to come to this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pessimist
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess it is better to be realistic than to say pointless empty platitudes. I understand why you would be surprised, many people like therapists dismiss these kind of thoughts as irrational and see them as a result of a mental illness. If only everyone understood this, maybe there would be more acceptance towards suicide as an rational option.

• Hugs
Reactions: JustAnumber, Pessimist and Hurt