I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
I'm too hurt to share details but he yelled at me and called me naive and became defensive and I was shocked and felt humiliated and disrespected at the end he said: do you know why i'm telling you this? Because i respect you. then he slapped my prescription on the table. I wrote him a message afterwards telling him how unprofesdional and disrespectful he made me feel. That that felt like abusr and not therapy. And blocked him because i know he would havr invalidated my feelings and harmed me even more. All of this anger from his part happened because I was wearing a kufia(in support for palestine) and he is a zionist. He dtarted debating mr and angrily. And i was shocked that i wasnt responding and he yelled : ANSWER ME! Then he started bragging and talking about himself he was very defensive which what the fuck i don't care about you. I'm there to talk about ME YOU STUPID FUCK. I'm so angry he gets to get away with this abuse. I hope he fucking dies an agonizing death. He left me traumatized and depressed and anxious. I now for sure have 0 trust in the therapy/psychiatry industry. It's all bullshit!!! He wasted my time and money for 3 years!!! I stopped taking psych meds and i feel no difference compared with when i wad taking them just shows how uselesd they were. Fuck this bitch ugh

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Valky, Meteora, Redacted24 and 13 others
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
You can make a formal complaint to the board of psychiatry that oversees him. if he's treating you like this he is most likely treating other patients like this as well. i am so sorry you had to experience that by someone who is supposed to help đź«‚

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Valky, Meteora, Redacted24 and 7 others
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
You can make a formal complaint to the board of psychiatry that oversees him. if he's treating you like this he is most likely treating other patients like this as well. i am so sorry you had to experience that by someone who is supposed to help đź«‚
In Morocco there are no authorities to take these people accountable unfortunately

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meteora, BrainShower and Kit1
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
In Morocco there are no authorities to take these people accountable unfortunately
are you sure? from a quick google search i found this

Legislative measures The principal law is the Dahir of 1959 which addresses the prevention of mental illnesses and protection of the patients. This is the latest mental health legislation. Though it is old, its articles are well formulated and were examined by WHO experts in 1998. Further reviews will be done in the future. The main aim of the legislation is to guarantee that the prime mission of mental institutions is treating the patients while protecting their rights and their property during their period of illness. This law also achieved the following: created the Central Service for Mental Health and Degenerative Diseases and the Mental Health Committee, organized mental institutions and other psychiatric services, specified 8 different manners of patient admission and discharge, and outlined the modalities of protection of patients and their personal property.

Reactions: Kit1 and ihatemyparents
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
  • Aww..
Reactions: boddibo, BrainShower and bed
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
i see. i am sorry it's like that there, it sounds extremely frustrating. i hope you'll be able to find a new psych or therapist in the future that takes your health seriously.

• Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24 and Kit1
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
i see. i am sorry it's like that there, it sounds extremely frustrating. i hope you'll be able to find a new psych or therapist in the future that takes your health seriously.
Thank you but I no longer trust these "health professionals"

Reactions: Meteora
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
Honestly, that sounds like a really scary thing to go through. I'm sorry that happened to you because it really should have not. It sucks that this profession attracts a lot of unsavory people who actually want to take advantage of or further damage the vulnerable. That's unfortunately the truth about it, especially in lesser developed countries. I know back home I wouldn't really have been able to report anyone for abusing me if it happened, either. I'm just very lucky that it did not.

I wish I could do more about this, especially because you've wasted money. I don't blame you for not trusting mental health professionals after this experience. Do you have any ideas of what you want to do next? I guess you're not going back to therapy or meds, and that's fair, but since you posted here, do you still want to recover from/manage what you were going to a psych for? If these questions are too personal, you can ignore them, but I'm wishing the best for you in whatever you're planning to do, and I want you to know it's also okay to not have a plan right now too.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Toobrokentofix and ihatemyparents
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
Honestly, that sounds like a really scary thing to go through. I'm sorry that happened to you because it really should have not. It sucks that this profession attracts a lot of unsavory people who actually want to take advantage of or further damage the vulnerable. That's unfortunately the truth about it, especially in lesser developed countries. I know back home I wouldn't really have been able to report anyone for abusing me if it happened, either. I'm just very lucky that it did not.

I wish I could do more about this, especially because you've wasted money. I don't blame you for not trusting mental health professionals after this experience. Do you have any ideas of what you want to do next? I guess you're not going back to therapy or meds, and that's fair, but since you posted here, do you still want to recover from/manage what you were going to a psych for? If these questions are too personal, you can ignore them, but I'm wishing the best for you in whatever you're planning to do, and I want you to know it's also okay to not have a plan right now too.
Thank you♡
I solved my childhood trauma from reading a book so I take all the credit for that. The meds didn't do much other than helping me sleep. I stopped them since last friday and it was hard to sleep at first and i had headaches but now I can sleep fine at night and the headaches are gone. I'm again reading books on antipsychiatry now just to understand what's wrong with it and understand the manipulation in it so I can process it and recover from his verbal and emotional abuse. Educating myself more is what helps the pain go away. I'm still pissed about it and have nightmares of him abusing me again. But trying to make myself stay strong. It was a huge betrayal of trust and disrespect. Also I'm trying to find what other people with the same story are saying online, and how they got better after the abuse of a psych. It's a lot of work since I was really fine before he ruined everything with his ego and abuse of power.

• Love
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and UsagiDrop
Tired_of_myself

Tired_of_myself

Jan 2, 2024
Therapy is about safety and when that space stops being safe, it becomes not only dangerous, but unfair. because the therapist has a lot of influence over patients and this demonstrates a tremendous abuse of power.

After my first attempt, at age 15, I went to therapy and the therapist tried to make sexual advances on me. but as I was suicidal, autistic and a teenager, no one believed me.

I believe that the accumulation of unresolved toxic situations not only generates trauma, but changes how your head thinks. You are more susceptible to abusive situations. I say this for myself, as I have a history of abuse in all areas of my life.

I hope you find a new therapist who accepts you, if that's what you want. Wish you well 🤍

• Aww..
Reactions: Toobrokentofix and ihatemyparents
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I have too many bad experiences with them to trust them at all. I hope you can make a complaint. Best of wishes.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: boddibo and ihatemyparents
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
I solved my childhood trauma from reading a book so I take all the credit for that.
Congratulations on solving something so complex on your own! You should take the credit for that. I'm really happy that you have found something to aid you in processing and resolving your childhood trauma. I'm sure that was not easy, it must have took a lot of work for you to learn the things you have and apply it to understand the events that took place in your own life. But you did it, and that's a wonderful thing that's worth celebrating. I hope that's something that brought you some level of peace and comfort.
I'm again reading books on antipsychiatry now just to understand what's wrong with it and understand the manipulation in it so I can process it and recover from his verbal and emotional abuse. Educating myself more is what helps the pain go away. I'm still pissed about it and have nightmares of him abusing me again. But trying to make myself stay strong. It was a huge betrayal of trust and disrespect. Also I'm trying to find what other people with the same story are saying online, and how they got better after the abuse of a psych.
It's good that you've found a way to minimize your pain from this tough experience. That's really all that matters. You really are strong for not only enduring something like this but wanting to find a way to patch yourself up and keep going. That takes a lot.

I think you will find a lot of horror stories about mental health professionals and people's experiences with them on the forum. I've personally had a positive experience when I was seeking help, and I like to encourage people to do that if they would like to, but before I had a good experience I had to endure several bad ones, so I know that this is not the solution for everyone. It's so sad what we have to go through when we're just seeking assistance and relief. I really wish that things were different, better, and that we weren't subjected to abuse from the professionals we are supposed to trust for things as simple as our beliefs. I don't blame people who are anti-psych at all, but I'm happy that you tried, and even more happy that you're still trying to heal yourself even though your experience was unpleasant.

I don't really know if most people around here have healed from a negative experience in psychotherapy, but I do believe in you. Medicine really isn't the only way. I think it harms some of us more than it helps us and I wish doctors and psychiatrists would take that more seriously. If they created a safer environment for us and took that commitment seriously across the board, it would solve so much of our suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, ihatemyparents and bramblebamblebambe
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
Update: i experienced psychosis today morning after I woke up. It lasted for 3 hours.(1 week of no psych drugs at all) I got very paranoid and was so scared i was gonna start hallucinating and seeing things. I heard noised outside the window so close to my ears. I felt like I was alone in the world(literally). Then my heart started racing. I wanted to make sure I exist or am not insane so I called my friend and when he answered I was reassured. Hopefully my dad is a doctor(microbiology) so I went to the hospital where he works because i couldn't reach him through the phone. He told me I will have to take the psych meds again and progressively cut them off because suddenly cutting them and the withdrawal caused me this psychosis. So I'm doing that now. I'm just glad my dad is with me. When he wasn't answering my phone I got terrified that nothing is real and only i exist in the world. (My dad's phone was silent and didn't know i was calling him). My "diagnosis" btw is depression. Never experienced psychosis before. Until the withdrawal from psych drugs (seroquel and Nodep (called seratraline i think). I'm pretty disappointed I have to take the meds again as I wanted that poison out of my system but if I don't cut them progressively I will get even worse :s with new mental issues :s fuck my life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, boddibo, UsagiDrop and 1 other person
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
Update on lessening psych meds in order to cut them progressively :

I had excruciating muscle spasms after i took 1 pill of seroquel last night. I never experienced this pain before although it always has given me muscle spasms but it would make me sleep and that ended the pain but i couldn't sleep immediately last night and so experienced long excruciating muscle spasms in my legs and arms. I woke up relieved the pain ended. Woke up unable to talk and not having balance and dizzy

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, boddibo and UsagiDrop
I

ihatemyparents

Jun 10, 2023
I found the medical board and reported him but I got nothing back

Reactions: ForgottenAgain