Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Just had a long conversation with my mom regarding religion and what it means to accept life and she refuses to offer any real advice that didn't include catching the bus and religion, when it comes to the religion she's grounded and assured. I spoke for hours and she seemed to accept my views on the meaningless of life and its goals..I'm drunk as all hell right now and want assurance but I know no level of security will help me. has anyone else felt the same recently?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: FuneralCry, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus, Hurt and 1 other person
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Well what did you expect? Religious people aren't known for their open mindedness and critical thinking. I am sorry I am terrible at consoling other people. Your mom sounds exactly like my mom. She refuses to even engage in uncomfortable conversations and defaults to 'I know I'm right' mode.

Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Well what did you expect? Religious people aren't known for their open mindedness and critical thinking. I am sorry I am terrible at consoling other people. Your mom sounds exactly like my mom. She refuses to even engage in uncomfortable conversations and defaults to 'I know I'm right' mode.
I'm accepting its futile and not going to try anymore

eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
I'm accepting its futile and not going to try anymore

Well it takes two sides to engage in dialog. If one side refuses to hear the other side out, then it is just talking to a brick wall. I am not familiar with your living situation so it might be wise just to 'play nice' for the time being. Getting into fights with people you live with is never a good idea.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Well it takes two sides to engage in dialog. If one side refuses to hear the other side out, then it is just talking to a brick wall. I am not familiar with your living situation \\\\so it might be wise just to 'play nice' for the time being. Getting into fights with people you live with is never a good idea.d

Well it takes two sides to engage in dialog. If one side refuses to hear the other side out, then it is just talking to a brick wall. I am not familiar with your living situation so it might be wise just to 'play nice' for the time being. Getting into fights with people you live with is never a good idea.
fortunately, i moved out years ago. You're right though- engaging in this for a sense of truth and security is nonsense and won't happen.

• Love
Reactions: eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
You're right though- engaging in this for a sense of truth and security is nonsense and won't happen.

You just have to accept that some people will never come around and see it from your perspective. It is pointless to stress yourself out to make others understand. I know you want a sense of relief and validation that comes with acceptance by others. We all want that. But sadly suicide is such a taboo topic that most will just bury their heads and refuse to even engage.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Faith is believing stuff without any real evidence.

My mum is obsessed with Jesus. She's a monster due to her schizophrenia and has no clue about it. They think my dad and I wanna kill her and are "the evil ones" and she is 100% SURE that JESUS is witnessing all this and will save her sooner or later while we'll burn in hell.

After my failed attempt last year, she told me that if I started praying everyday, Jesus might allow me to go to heaven with her.

It's really sad but she really believes this and if you tell her things like, "Hey, did you know that you wouldn't be a catholic if you had been born in the Middle East but a Muslim?" she just ignores you and says Jesus is her only saviours and only real thing.

I'm really sorry for her but I think the best to do with these kind of people is ignoring them.

It doesn't matter what they think is gonna happen to us after our death, we just can't change their mind.

I'm still in this world only because of my dad. Religion has nothing to do with it. I just don't wanna destroy his life because he might really have a heart-attack or stroke once he finds out I'm dead.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, eternalmelancholy and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think people with strong religious views often won't acknowledge other people's views as they are grounded in their beliefs. I would see it as a waste of time and exhausting if I tried to get through to someone like that. I don't share many of my views with my family about death because it is hard getting through to others and it is likely they simply wouldn't understand.

Reactions: eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Faith is believing stuff without real evidence.

There is little difference between faith and delusion. It is telling that the biggest 'sin' you can commit in most religions is thinking for yourself. You just have to blindly follow whatever they tell you to.

The fact that people still believe in fairytales in 2021 goes to show how easy people are to brainwash. Just give them false hope and you can convince them of anything.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
My mum is obsessed with Jesus. She's a monster due to her schizophrenia and has no clue about it. They think my dad and I wanna kill her and are "the evil ones" and she is 100% SURE that JESUS is witnessing all this and will save her sooner or later while we'll burn in hell.
At least she's definitely mentally ill. There are "sane" people out there telling their kids that they'll burn in hell

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife