• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

joshe

joshe

Wanderer
Jun 1, 2019
Seeing the new recovery section on the forum and thinking about how I want my life to be, I can see the true damage that my constant ideation and attempt 2 years ago has caused.

It has always given me a relatively easy out in a way. Not speaking for anyone else here but this is just my experience.

I am much less willing to change or put myself out there, one because of the setbacks and burns I have received trying, but two, because I don't have to anymore, I know that when all my powders come, I can actually rest for good and that will be it, no more struggle.

Maybe I'm in the class of people who need outside intervention because they have totally convinced themselves suicide is the only option when in reality there are other ways.

But I don't think like so. Something has shifted, or the veil has fallen in a way, I see the truth that I can check out whenever I want and this is of course comforting, but as I said, makes it much harder to decide to push through difficult times or aim for anything that looks even slightly unattainable.

There was a famous YouTuber who recently ctb and he stated very clearly that one of the reasons he was doing so what because he pushed the boundaries too much and didn't feel he could go back.

All the time I pushed the boundaries when damaging myself, or starving myself, or telling myself over and over how I wanted to die, a lot of it was a coping mechanism that probably could have been helped with some therapy, but now it's gone over the edge. I've gone too far.

Hope this makes sense

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I can relate and I'm in a similar boat too. Once I considered suicide is a valid option, it was liberating, being free knowing that I can exit just about 'anytime' I choose to, which makes the issues in life a bit more bearable. Though, yes my ideations and fantasies do hinder my productivity, but it sure does beat being in a deep depressive state, trapped, and unable to function at all. I know that it is not only just a matter of time, but circumstance + time as well for me when I decide to check out of this miserable existence.

Furthermore, having an actual method that is not only reliable, but also painless and instant (if done correctly, which I have thoroughly researched and practiced), it brings me relief since it wouldn't be hard to just check out virtually anywhere and anytime of my choosing (after overcoming SI, which is something I'm confident of).

Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
If anyone could tell a little more about what happened to bring you this way, I'd appreciate it. I'm getting to the point of no return but then, I've been here before. Each low gets lower. I have one reliable method, getting a second together, and I want to work up the courage for partial, but I'm afraid to even start trying. SI fear and hurting one person who really loves me is really holding me back. Am I not even close? I don't seek advice, just wondering what brought you all over the edge. I just can't see anything getting better.

AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
For me this is an underrated thread! Guess that's because it's discussing what I've been feeling and mentally working my way through.

Once I realised that I was actually suicidal and that it was reached from a reasoned, rational, thought out position and not an irrational spontaneous moment, something clicked. It's CHANGED now. Still crushingly overwhelmed mostly, but feel like I UNDERSTAND now. And weirdly have unexpected moments of calm. The horrific mentally torturous insomnia has actually almost abated. Like it needed me to realise I had to accept my imminent demise and that that was always going to be the way. It's OK. Not sure there's ever a going back...
Yup...the wisdom of the Wizard of Oz. No going back once you see behind the curtain.
This is exactly it. Succinctly put. Whatever "help" or happenings happen now something fundamental has changed, and there's no reversal once you've taken the red pill...

Last edited: