B

ben7

Student
Dec 30, 2020
Probably a silly question, but do people use their real name when making a Moneygram/Western Union payment? I know you need to give real name and address for delivery but wondered about the actual payment / receipt if you could just put something else for anonymity?

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
the name is going to want to match the bank account, otherwise it is going to look suspicious. All you are doing is sending money to a person/relative in an other country for whichever reason you choose(make something up that matches the amount of money being sent).

I would guess the person on the other end then collects the money using fake details, so no link whatsoever to what you are buying or who from.

If you start using fake details etc, it makes everything so much harder and bigger possibility of something going wrong. the whole process is easy, it doesn't have to be over thought about.

• Informative
Reactions: Ticket 2 Heaven
L

LionsTigersAndBears

Archangel
Oct 14, 2020
There is a chance western union may phone you to verify your identification before the money can be pick up,

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
There is a chance western union may phone you to verify your identification before the money can be pick up,

That never happened to me and it was my 1st time and quite alot of money, it was also recent

• Wow
Reactions: whitefeather and The Lonely