B

ben7

Student
Dec 30, 2020
I hadn't realized that Western Union take your ID and your address when making payments - I thought it was more anonymous than that. Has anyone used WU or Moneygram recently and experienced this? Is it standard procedure / ok?

Reactions: Wrennie
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
It's standard procedure to supposedly 'protect' you from fraud and scammers. Moneygram may even call you to verify your information before sending it to your recipient. Could always get a burner phone, an online bank account like Ally, and Cash App to send money anonymously to your recipient, then close out your online bank account.

Reactions: ben7
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I hadn't realized that Western Union take your ID and your address when making payments - I thought it was more anonymous than that. Has anyone used WU or Moneygram recently and experienced this? Is it standard procedure / ok?
I know of one user that recently used Moneygram to purchase N from D and it turned out okay, but I recall them mentioning that they've used it in the past for other large money transfers and that's why their transaction wasn't flagged. No matter how you look at it, sending hundreds or over a thousand dollars to Mexico can look pretty suspicious, especially if you're cheap like me and rarely spend above 50 bucks on anything.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: checkouttime and Bullit
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I know of one user that recently used Moneygram to purchase N from D and it turned out okay,
They will flag you if you're a first time user and call you, but if you make regular transactions to Mexico or another country, or claim D is your relative, they'll leave you alone.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
They will flag you if you're a first time user and call you, but if you make regular transactions to Mexico or another country, or claim D is your relative, they'll leave you alone.
Will they ask for proof that he's related to me in the phone call?

• Yay!
Reactions: The Lonely
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
Lol is transferring money internationally that easy ? Don't governments and companies have methods in place to check for illicit purposes ?
Won't they ask for documentations to prove your purpose ? What if you transfer money to buy drugs and weapons ? Or cleaning dirty money ?

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Lol is transferring money internationally that easy ? Don't governments and companies have methods in place to check for illicit purposes ?
Won't they ask for documentations to prove your purpose ? What if you transfer money to buy drugs and weapons ? Or cleaning dirty money ?
Well MG/WD would see OP's details, but they aren't going to know what the payment is really for. As for proof of "legitimacy", no bank is that thorough really, they're just waiting for a police report to come in before they'll start shutting down accounts and coughing up data.

Seems kind of risky for the seller, but i guess it's easier then dealing with buttcoins.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: checkouttime, LifeQuitter2018 and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Well MG/WD would see OP's details, but they aren't going to know what the payment is really for. As for proof of "legitimacy", no bank is that thorough really, they're just waiting for a police report to come in before they'll start shutting down accounts and coughing up data.

Seems kind of risky for the seller, but i guess it's easier then dealing with buttcoins.
'Buttcoin" is literally what my father refers to Bitcoin as. :haha:

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
'Buttcoin" is literally what my father refers to Bitcoin as. :haha:
Imagine running into your own father on SS lol, might be something you could bond over i guess.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I know of one user that recently used Moneygram to purchase N from D and it turned out okay, but I recall them mentioning that they've used it in the past for other large money transfers and that's why their transaction wasn't flagged. No matter how you look at it, sending hundreds or over a thousand dollars to Mexico can look pretty suspicious, especially if you're cheap like me and rarely spend above 50 bucks on anything.
not entirely correct, they had large amounts of money moving in and out of there banks accounts but not using moneygram.
It is that easy yes, and people have probably used it for doing the things you have mentioned. I ordered HGH when i was younger using WU, it was the way it was done then. I used to buy steroids (it isn't actually illegal to possess them for personal use), but that was into a bank account of the seller(various) they got busted though in the end!!

When you send large amounts of money or if a person was doing it alot, it will probably get flagged. but i imagine these people use fake ID and change around the places they pick up the money so not to be suspicious, thats what i would do anyway!!

All they have to do is go to a place where its accepted wit h fake ID, i wouldn't say it risky. i wouldn't be surprised if they had people on the payroll either !!!
I have sent money using money gram as a 1st time user and not had call, it was a few quid aswell!!

Last edited:
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
not entirely correct, they had large amounts of money moving in and out of there banks accounts but not using moneygram.

It is that easy yes, and people have probably used it for doing the things you have mentioned. I ordered HGH when i was younger using WU, it was the way it was done then. I used to buy steroids (it isn't actually illegal to possess them for personal use), but that was into a bank account of the seller(various) they got busted though in the end!!

When you send large amounts of money or if a person was doing it alot, it will probably get flagged. but i imagine these people use fake ID and change around the places they pick up the money so not to be suspicious, thats what i would do anyway!!

All they have to do is go to a place where its accepted wit h fake ID, i wouldn't say it risky. i wouldn't be surprised if they had people on the payroll either !!!

I have sent money using money gram as a 1st time user and not had call, it was a few quid aswell!!
I have Citizens Bank and they would flag my transactions for Pokemon Go because I was spending too much money on it (in my defense I live in the suburbs and there were no Pokestops nearby to replenish my Pokeballs lmao), so I think my bank would get involved if they saw me send 800 bucks to Mexico of all places. IDK though.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I have Citizens Bank and they would flag my transactions for Pokemon Go because I was spending too much money on it (in my defense I live in the suburbs and there were no Pokestops nearby to replenish my Pokeballs lmao), so I think my bank would get involved if they saw me send 800 bucks to Mexico of all places. IDK though.

Quite possibly, if your only used to small amounts going in an out of your account it may look odd. wheres if a person earns a descent amount of money or has large amounts moving in and out of accounts it wouldn't look odd.

you can go to a shop and pay with cash MG and WU, which i'm guessing doesn't get flagged. plus its probably best to be clever on putting who its being sent to and what for, just use imagination lol

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Quite possibly, if your only used to small amounts going in an out of your account it may look odd. wheres if a person earns a descent amount of money or has large amounts moving in and out of accounts it wouldn't look odd.

you can go to a shop and pay with cash MG and WU, which i'm guessing doesn't get flagged. plus its probably best to be clever on putting who its being sent to and what for, just use imagination lol
It might actually be better for me to do it in person. I just hope they don't get too nosy.
But then there's also security footage of me going there to send it...

Last edited:
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
It might actually be better for me to do it in person. I just hope they don't get too nosy.
But then there's also security footage of me going there to send it...

All you are doing is sending money to a person in another country, there is no links to what it is for. the person collecting the money will be using probably numerous fake ID so you will have sent money to a person that probably doesn't exist lol

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: The Lonely and Wrennie
The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
To
All you are doing is sending money to a person in another country, there is no links to what it is for. the person collecting the money will be using probably numerous fake ID so you will have sent money to a person that probably doesn't exist lol
Totally !! I'm gonna do it!
Just a few more details and will be ordering it sooner then I expected.

Im just not gonna sit and wait to be caught by dementia, Alzheimer's…

Reactions: saltshaker