poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
I could never ctb in a violent way (like a gunshot) because I don't want to be found covered in blood or disfigured, worse, cut into pieces. I don't want to be found hanging, I can only imagine how haunting that view must be. I can't even do SN because I refuse to be found blue.

I want to spare my family this pain, I want to look like I just fell asleep peacefully, without any suffering. I think that will make things easier for them.
I also feel like ctb is a statement, and the method you choose is a big part of that statement (for example, someone who uses a gun is probably very angry, at life or at people).
There is a lot to be learnt about someone's motivations to ctb, simply by studying their method of choice.

Anyone else think like me?

Reactions: russlinjimmies
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I think it's mostly what you have available and what pain you're willing to risk.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, motel rooms and 3 others
russlinjimmies

russlinjimmies

Feb 21, 2021
I think there could be a hidden meaning behind the method chosen, like you said. A highly violent method could indicate an intense hatred toward the self and/or others. Hanging could indicate overwhelming guilt since it is so closely tied to executions of criminals. I don't know if that's true for the majority of cases though.

I imagine most of the time the method is chosen because of one of three reasons: availability, reliability, and potential for a peaceful and painless death. Sometimes it might be for all or just one of the reasons, depending on the person.

Reactions: poisonedminds
Curiousoutlook

Curiousoutlook

Born Alone, Die Alone.
May 9, 2021
I think everyone would love to ctb peacefully like just falling asleep forever, but unfortunately not everyone has the open options to nor easy to ctb in sleep. SN is probably the closest method to ctb peacefully. I mean once you're gone, it won't matter to you since you're gone and has no conscious.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, FuneralCry, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think some people are naturally more fearless/impulsive so they would have less hesitation with going for a method like jumping/gun, as those personality traits are wired into their brain. I do think it is linked to how desperate the person is/availability of the methods. I would never want to ctb in an violent way, I would go for the most peaceful way possible. I think it's because I want to fade away, dissappear and be unoticed and a messy violent death draws attention and like you said makes a statement. I have no desire to cause others pain, just end my own.

Reactions: russlinjimmies and poisonedminds