I

int5

May 26, 2021
If there was no mental illness stigma, people where more educated and could talk more openly about mental issues, would you end up being suicidal?

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife, lobster salad and deathisnear
D

deathisnear

Experienced
May 23, 2021
I feel even if there was no stigma and people were more educated, I still feel I'd be suicidal. I've never felt this world for me and my suicidal thoughts and feelings mainly come from within myself, but I think everyone would be different. Some of us would still be suicidal I think and others not.

Reactions: FuneralCry, lobster salad, western_heart and 1 other person
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
No it literally doesn't matter what people think. I have been in treatment for many years yet my life is worse than ever. It's just unfortunate stroke of fates, shit draw of life that makes us end up where we are. It's destiny.

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I feel even if there was no stigma and people were more educated, I still feel I'd be suicidal. I've never felt this world for me and my suicidal thoughts and feelings mainly come from within myself, but I think everyone would be different. Some of us would still be suicidal I think and others not.
Agreed. More awareness of mental illness won't fix the material conditions and lack of trauma-informed care that make me want to CTB.

Campaigns to reduce stigma are a way to make it seem like society is doing something to improve people's lives / prevent suicides.

• Love
Reactions: Scribble Fan, deathisnear and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It would be really nice to be able to talk about my mental issues and suicidal thoughts with "normal people" but still, they couldn't find a cure for me because I will still be suicidal. It's the way my brain works. I just find this universe and life pointless. Why exist at all if we're all gonna die anywhere? Why is there something rather than nothing? Nonsense!!!

Reactions: western_heart
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think it would help a lot of people, as it would lead to better treatments but personally it wouldn't help me. I think nothing would help me, no amount of talking would make me want to be alive. It is honestly just the way I am and the way my brain is wired. It won't take away my physical health problems that make me want to ctb.