popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
hi

im a bit paranoid at present

me and a member made some plans to meet up but they couldnt wait and ctb without me, someone... police/family?? have been on their account since....

should i be worried? maybe im being anxious.. probably so? ... but i could really do without a visit from mental health/the fedz or some kind of inquest

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fin, lofticries, TessB and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Are you sure he/she has successfully ctb?
In that case, that person might be one of his relatives. I don't think the police will get involved with just more suicide in this world.

popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
Are you sure he/she has successfully ctb?
In that case, that person might be one of his relatives. I don't think the police will get involved with just more suicide in this world.
im pretty sure yes. she said she was going ahead early hours. of course i offered to talk support but the member wasnt online for a few days after their last message

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
just my location. i have been thinking how anonymous is the site? cud authority's serve a warrant to track down isp data and stuff like that?
Honestly don't know. Since she decided to ctb without you then you have no connection with her death. And you can't get in trouble by just talking about suicide since it could all just be talk. Don't see why the police would go out of their way to give trouble to someone who is going through some tough times of their own. It's not like you're a kid afterall.

Reactions: popcorn and TessB
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
just my location. i have been thinking how anonymous is the site? cud authority's serve a warrant to track down isp data and stuff like that?
I truly don't think authorities are as clued up as you might think. When I got the police visit in January about the SN, he hadn't even heard of ss. I think this site is only on the radar of families who have lost people not police and stuff. I don't think you should worry.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Mixo and popcorn
popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
yes your probably right.... im a worrier and ruminate far too much so some external validation is sometimes what i need, so thank you :)
It's not like you're a kid afterall.
often feel like one, mind
When I got the police visit in January about the SN, he hadn't even heard of ss.
did they take your SN?

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
As much as I want to be like others on here saying you shouldn't worry too much, I think one can't really belabour the importance of using privacy/cybersecurity tools to shield your information in the off chance police work with ISPs to track down info. VPNs and Tor are probably a good start and also, not using instant messaging apps that don't have message erasing features.

Reactions: popcorn
popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
As much as I want to be like others on here saying you shouldn't worry too much, I think one can't really belabour the importance of using privacy/cybersecurity tools to shield your information in the off chance police work with ISPs to track down info. VPNs and Tor are probably a good start and also, not using instant messaging apps that don't have message erasing features.
i have little tolerance for frustration and tor is sooo slow (specially when its use doesnt result in drugs arriving in the mail), but im going to try my best to use it from now out. and also use a proton mail or something. in hindsight its not worth the risk

T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
yes your probably right.... im a worrier and ruminate far too much so some external validation is sometimes what i need, so thank you :)

often feel like one, mind

did they take your SN?
I'd cancelled it before receiving it.. this was a while back. But they had my name from the seller on a list of people who placed orders.