ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I'm worried and disconcerted by some people suggesting some of the mass shootings that occur in America are secret suicides. Some of the shooters have no criminal records and had pretty mundane jobs. In fact, rather too mundane. I'm referring to the shooters who are shot dead by the police after shooting others. The theory is an old one that suicide is internalised aggression against others. I would never take anyone else down with me if I was going to CTB. I would be extremely alarmed if people were to take out their exes, employers, colleagues, friends, family or strangers before CTBing. Sadly, it does happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: bloomingdark
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah I don't support or condone the act of violence against others (unless it was self-defense, which is another topic altogether). As far as mass shooters, yes it is true that some of them are suicidal, but they also wish to send a strong message towards the people or group who they perceived have wronged them. Another reason for their suicide is that after they done their deed (massacre and took out their targets), they don't wish to face the consequences (death penalty in states countries, and territories that have it, and/or life imprisonment without the chance of parole). To them, it's like one final "fuck you" to society and it comes with a "nothing to lose" mentality.

Reactions: TooConscious, bloomingdark, Whole-Ad and 3 others
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I'm worried and disconcerted by some people suggesting some of the mass shootings that occur in America are secret suicides. Some of the shooters have no criminal records and had pretty mundane jobs. In fact, rather too mundane. I'm referring to the shooters who are shot dead by the police after shooting others. The theory is an old one that suicide is internalised aggression against others. I would never take anyone else down with me if I was going to CTB. I would be extremely alarmed if people were to take out their exes, employers, colleagues, friends, family or strangers before CTBing. Sadly, it does happen.
It does, yes, and I do feel a lot of these shootings are certainly masked suicide attempts. They see them as revenge on those who wronged them, which is understandable to a degree, but then they usually end up killing those who had nothing to do with it, and what's more, some people deliberately create as much havoc as they can so it becomes easier to turn the gun on themselves, because then there's no way back. Dunno if it was the one in Florida or Texas last year where the shooter wanted to commit suicide after the rampage, but admited he couldn't do it and surrendered to the police. Others plain out stated that they wouldn't feel any repercussions because they'd be dead. The guy who disgusted me personally though is that pilot who flew that plane into the mountains with 200 people on board. What a pos, seriously.

Reactions: ARW3N
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
It does, yes, and I do feel a lot of these shootings are certainly masked suicide attempts. They see them as revenge on those who wronged them, which is understandable to a degree, but then they usually end up killing those who had nothing to do with it, and what's more, some people deliberately create as much havoc as they can so it becomes easier to turn the gun on themselves, because then there's no way back. Dunno if it was the one in Florida or Texas last year where the shooter wanted to commit suicide after the rampage, but admited he couldn't do it and surrendered to the police. Others plain out stated that they wouldn't feel any repercussions because they'd be dead. The guy who disgusted me personally though is that pilot who flew that plane into the mountains with 200 people on board. What a pos, seriously.
There have been so many mass shootings in the US that it's difficult to find the reference to it. It involved a black security guard who resigned. He gave no reason for his resignation and had an impeccable work record with no criminal convictions before he shot dead people in his workplace. He had given his weeks notice and was still legally allowed on the premises. He was shot dead by the police. The only thing I can think of is that people barely spoke to him which he could have interpreted negatively as animosity or indifference. However, I'm just speculating.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The guy who disgusted me personally though is that pilot who flew that plane into the mountains with 200 people on board. What a pos, seriously.
I think you are referring to the GermanWings pilot, Andreas Lubitz, who flew the plane into the Alps. And yeah, he is a pos and selfish for taking out 200+ people on board who had nothing to do with his issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager and ARW3N
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I think you are referring to the GermanWings pilot, Andreas Lubitz, who flew the plane into the Alps. And yeah, he is a pos and selfish for taking out 200+ people on board who had nothing to do with his issues.
Holy shit! I get being suicidal but take others with you like that is horrible! I would never ever think of that. It's a lone act or with a partner that is consenting.

Reactions: jakaka and Oyoy
J

jakaka

Jan 15, 2021
I think it's fucked when they decide to kill a bunch of people and then turn the gun on themselves. Just kill yoursefl really no need to fuck it up for others. On the other hand, there's so many mass shootings every week Colorado one was just and hour from me. And my fucked up mind is like well....how come I haven't run into one where I end up dead (not injured not looking to have more problems) but it would be easier for my family to accept. Maybe there should be some type of meetup for fucked up mass shooters and people who wish to die but don't want to do it. God my mind is so fucked yikes

Reactions: articledon and lofticries
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
I mean there is a point where people have been fucked over enough that they hate the whole fucking world. I dont condone it cuz it causes more suffering to innocents. But I kinda get it.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Maybe some of them do it to finally get over the last of SI. No way out after what they have done, no chance of avoiding life in prison.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I hate the world and think society is beyond fucked. But that doesn't mean I want to involve anyone else in my wish to die. In fact if I could erase any small piece of my existence on earth I would (without hurting anyone of course) . Something about suicidal people doing mass shootings and such comes off as narcissistic.

The whole point of suicide is finally taking charge of your life not anyone else's.

Reactions: TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
As above says there is alot of narcissm involved in some cases but this is created by the sick ass media.
They basically make it that insecure people will get heard if they go in killing sprees... Yet nobody listens or gives them ear space to express their frustration at life/society/situation.

I don't condone it but society encourages it by encourages competing and setting a lot up to suffer not caring about causing others suffering.
The injustice of the world is the elite causing it never pay, it's always mostly others just trying to get through this evil world.

Spree killers come in all different forms, you can't tar them with the same brush. just a couple

You have extremists
Brainwashed religious or
Anders breivik is a typical narcissist pushing his ideals,
He is not suicidal at all he loved his life just didn't like the societies direction and wanted fame.

Then you have columbine kids who were very intelligent and needed other intelligent people to listen to them.

Reactions: lofticries
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
I see lots of virtue signalling in this thread. Human life is overrated.

Reactions: greyismyfavecolor