• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
Could you do a section where only methods and things related to them are discussed? I'm tired of having to read the usual things I find honestly kind of annoying at this point, such as "is suicide selfish, should I kill myself, is there an afterlife..."

Anyway, threads like those where people vent and ponder about life (and all the rest, like goodbye threads) should IMO be kept separate to actual method discussion, it would be way better for clarity and order, because as of now everything is clumped together and a mess, and Im only interested in methods, and would appreciate not having to search for them in a sea of spiritual or selfishness titles.

I believe methods for ctb is a crucial part of suicide that could warrant a subforum.

Last edited:
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Could you do a section where only methods and things related to them are discussed? I'm tired of having to read the usual things I find honestly kind of annoying at this point, such as "is suicide selfish, should I kill myself, is there an afterlife..."

iu

Totally agreed on this suggestion. The current discussion section could be far more tightly defined as for methods only, and another added section could deal with topics such as attitudes to suicide, philosophical discussion, religion etc.

You can go to the Filters dropdown at the top and choose to only show topics with the [Methods] prefix, if you only want to view those topics.

Yes, but that would require posters to then categorise their posts correctly, which is unreliable at best. Plus methods discussion can subsequently develop as responses to a post that is originally about (and prefixed with) another topic. Having a more strictly defined methods section would place the onus on posters to regulate their content rather than on readers, which is always the fairer system.

Reactions: AlreadyGone
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Discussed previously :

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/just-shooting-the-shit-hear-me-out.30318/

And probably elsewhere as well . To some extent forced prefix can or may address this as well :

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...ll-suicide-discussion-subforum-threads.29406/

It's hard to separate these issues: distress , suicidal ideation , planning , goodbye are on the same spectrum and very often intertwined (as can be seen in many posts).

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Perhaps a better solution to this would be "tagging", allowing a thread to belong to multiple categories.
But you have to have someone policing / enforcing it, so it takes resources that likely aren't available....

Reactions: Quarky00