Votes: 14 31.1%
  • CTB

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
Love or suicide? Which would you choose? Completed sentence.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife and Ame
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Love hurts, suicide is painless.....

• Hugs
Reactions: hahabye, Busdriver, Mistake of Nature and 1 other person
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019
Love can be an excellent reason for living in the face of an absurd universe, but there is something seductive about the immutable nature of "being" dead--a property that something like love sorely lacks. No one can take death away from you. I am probably speaking from a place of pain though, so I wouldn't recommend taking my views too seriously.

Reactions: AQUA, hahabye and Mistake of Nature
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
I chose Love. Probably the whole forum knows that I am a romantic. Eh. Fuck.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Seaghost, Celerity, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Love is awesome but it can't change my suicidal mind.
However, it seems love could really save you so, I really hope you're able to experience it again some day!!

Wish you the best, pal.

Hugs,

Matt

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, Ame and orlandom
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
I've never been in love.

Well, to put it more accurately, I've been in love a number of times, but they were all unrequited.

To be in a loving relationship is something I'd like to try and see if it would save me, but if that fails, then CTB.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Celerity, Largeletters, Mistake of Nature and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
If we love anything, we just have something to lose. What we love can get taken away and we end up in more pain than we were originally in. So its better to have nothing at all. Love can save many people but it can also send them to despair. I would choose ctb over anything, non existence is an ideal state to me, free from the pain of being conscious.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, pthnrdnojvsc, Celerity and 2 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
REAL and PURE love is able to save and even go beyond death in my opinion but it is very rare and for me personally only a fantasy and an illusion.But if I had met my soul mate I don't think I would have ctb.
-Love that moves the sun and the other stars- Dante

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
My own personal future and the future of mankind doesn't have any emotional impact on me although they are my biggest reasons for leaving early. The lack of love is what makes up perhaps all of my emotional pain, but I know that it's a joke compared to the prospects of torture combined with life extension.

My entire being screams to pick love but I'll override it and go for the cool option instead. :sunglasses:

• Hugs
Reactions: yive, MrBlue, Mistake of Nature and 2 others
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
love is a privilege for a few, death is everyone's destiny

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, yive, Seaghost and 3 others
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
Depends.

How long can you live for with a broken heart? How long can you endure that heart not mended? Can you mend it? How can you mend it? How much damage makes it too difficult to fix in the timeframe you wish for it to be? How many bandaids and crutches can you apply to numb the pain and provide a degree of relief?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Celerity and Ame
LostMyWill

LostMyWill

Nov 22, 2019
I used to constantly think about love and how wonderful it would be to have someone to hug...etc but my emotions slowly faded over the last years until I couldn't feel anything at all, no joy, no sadness, no laughing, no crying, just complete anhedonia.
Someone "dear" to me could drop dead and I wouldn't even feel shocked, that's how severe my condition is.

And since therapy hasn't helped me at all over the last 5 years (and my condition just gets worse every year), death seems far better than living.

• Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, Celerity, Ame and 1 other person
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
If I ever had the option to choose love, then I'd enjoy at least trying to see if it could beat my suicidal ideation, but it can't be. I'm objectively revolting, in every possible way.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Élégie, Celerity and 2 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
The definition of "love" I've seen displayed or spoken in words only, is a vile, mercurial, conditional beast-so this is an easy question to answer: CTB

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Lmd, Celerity and 3 others
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Depends on what kinda love. Like parents to a child kinda? Or friends/partners? The latter are very conditional. So so fuck em. Parents it depends on how much they love you I guess. Mine dont so I go with death

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Celerity, Ame and 2 others
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
I had the best love that I could ever have wished for. I never lost love, love never hurt me. Love has been nothing but wonderful for me. I would choose love.

But mental illness made it impossible to enjoy love, it made me push love away.

And that's one of the reasons I'm choosing to ctb - no matter how strong love is, my mental illness is stronger.

• Aww..
Reactions: S like suicide and Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Well fuck, IF I could get love, maybe I wouldn't CTB, but we all know it ain't happening.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lady black
deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
I have love, I know the girl I have now is the one for me but I know I'm not right for her because I'm tp messed up and I don't want to be around to ruin her dreams and my own. Ones I can never hope to achieve and I can't unfairly string her along forever.

I just really don't want to leave her. I feel so rotten to the core.

• Aww..
Mayerling86

Mayerling86

Faking a smile is so much easier
Jun 26, 2020
Love hurts, suicide is painless.....
Love definitely hurts. I'm hurting right now and thinking suicide would be the better option right now

• Aww..
Reactions: Ame and Celerity
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
CTB. I don't think it's possible for me to generally love someone romantically. Hell even friendship seems out of reach.

But even if I could obtain love i'd still ctb. I want all bullshit to be over with.

• Hugs
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
The love for my family and friends is what keeps me away from ctb. So I choose love.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, Ame and deepinlimbo