• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
hi all - I am looking for a second opinion/to switch meds - and to find a psychiatrist that gives me options in my treatment.

I'm currently taking a SSIR (Vortioextine) which is hurting/tensing my jaw so much it now hurts to eat.

Also taking Lyrica, which is helping me - luckily - but very scared of the long-term side effects.

Thank you for your recommendations!!

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Did you get any help? Can't myself but hated to see no replies to such an important question. Hoping a bump can help.

Reactions: Baskol1
AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
hi all - I am looking for a second opinion/to switch meds - and to find a psychiatrist that gives me options in my treatment.

I'm currently taking a SSIR (Vortioextine) which is hurting/tensing my jaw so much it now hurts to eat.

Also taking Lyrica, which is helping me - luckily - but very scared of the long-term side effects.

Thank you for your recommendations!!
Well it's massively outside my wealth and experience bracket but the only time I saw a psychiatrist privately he actually seemed amazing, just looked at my actual history, not even psych one as there wasn't one then, and described how I felt. Unfortunately it was only for an hour and about fifteen years ago. Think it was somewhere on or near Southbank in London, not that that helps much!

Good luck searching, be good to hear you check back x

Last edited:
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
London England or Ontario? Hope you find what you're looking for

AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
Did you get any help? Can't myself but hated to see no replies to such an important question. Hoping a bump can help.
Yes, would be interesting and possibly helpful to see any discussions on help with this subject. Feel like much "help" isn't actually helpful but sure if there is any going here is a decent place to converse and trust.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Feel like much "help" isn't actually helpful

What are you moaning about? You got your brain diagrams! Some people are never satisfied. Tut tut.

Last edited: