StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
Life is a lie....love is a lie.

I have often thought if I was in the wedding biz and had my own venue...when everything was over, I would be compelled to say:

Love is a lie...thank you come again!

Reactions: killmepls, Miss clefable, PatKat and 8 others
G

GoneSeptember2018

Student
Aug 28, 2018
I don't know about life being a lie, but I do feel love is so often an joint illusion two people participate in. We see what we want to see in the other person, or have unrealistic fantasies of what the relationship can do for us. When in reality, so often it's just two people trying the best they can before they break apart again. I also don't believe unconditional love is real.

Reactions: here4now, Maravillosa, FadedMemory and 5 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
this it the shittiest life simulator ever

Reactions: killmepls, here4now, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 9 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I don't know about life being a lie, but I do feel love is so often an joint illusion two people participate in. We see what we want to see in the other person, or have unrealistic fantasies of what the relationship can do for us. When in reality, so often it's just two people trying the best they can before they break apart again. I also don't believe unconditional love is real.

I do not believe in unconditional love either. I believe to some degree we have proven that over time.

Something I posted in another thread:

Love is just a feeling, some kind of emotion. It's the only one is science that we have yet to be able to explain where it comes from. Love comes and goes like a virus. (hands you a tissue) There one moment and gone the next.

In the end, I think love is more of a connection than anything else. When we connect with someone we can feel a deep fondness for that person and when the connection is strained or frayed like anything else in this world...the connection can be lost.

I saw life is a lie for the reasons people say we are here...I say it is a lie for the lies they tell us during our existence.

I also say life is a lie for the seer fact that I often wonder upon waking am I even real? Once again, in another thread:

Do you exist because you say I exist? Or do you exist because you say that you do? In turn, does the couch only exist because I am there to view it and if I look away would it then be non-existent? And if I was to die would the reality that I know it (say you for instance) then cease to exist because I no longer exist? Am I real or am I only real because you say so? Or because I say that I do? If our mind is just energy and energy can then transform what is to say that I am not just a memory of a time gone by and as I type this I am already dead.

And in thought process I can view life as a lie.

This is my rational.

As for love....love is a lie...thank you and come again!
xx

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018
T

Tiburcio

Almost every relationship of every kind is a lie.

Reactions: throwaway123, FadedMemory, mattwitt and 1 other person
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Well yes lots of relationships end. It seems to me the only ones that last are where mundane people marry and that's it. They just live it as that is what life has trained them to do. Most people are not even aware of the reality. Life is not a lie. What you see around you all day. Those people are not experiencing reality they are sheep in a pen. So life is real and it hurts. Wish I was a sheep

Reactions: Jaguar
Slacker

Slacker

⋔⊬ ☌⍜⎅, ⟟⏁´⌇ ⎎⎍⌰⌰ ⍜⎎ ⌿⍜⌰⟟☊⟒
Aug 17, 2018
what´ with happiness?
Is happiness a lie, too? :O

Reactions: Sun Stealer
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Happiness is real but is only really achievable via a huge fight and still you may not get there but it's worth it. Sheep are happy eating sheep food

Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
What I'm saying is still lot of us are in pain as we feel reality.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I still don't know what love is like. I don't know if u can love others if u don't love yourself.

Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
I was the same for years. Real love hurts as much as it blesses as you feel that person's pain. It's about fighting to have more blessing than pain

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
My post vanished

Reactions: StarDust
Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Oh no it didnt

Reactions: StarDust
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Well, to use an overused line,

Reactions: here4now, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, StarDust and 1 other person
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
The fickleness of love is easy when you don't really know a person, butterflies in the stomach, A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, betrayal is the end of it.

Reactions: RM5998, StarDust and Tiburcio
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Reactions: Desperate_Soul, throwaway123, FadedMemory and 3 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I still don't know what love is like. I don't know if u can love others if u don't love yourself.
One form of love is putting others first and wanting what's best for them even if it means you suffer and lose out somehow someway idk

Reactions: Desperate_Soul, lv-gras, StarDust and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

It's like 2 selfish people wanting something from each other
Yeah, or making expectations on the other persons which none of them can fulfill... or getting eventually tired of each other...

There are several reasons why relationships are usually such a failure but the majority are related with selfishness.

Reactions: GoneSeptember2018, lv-gras, Jaguar and 2 others
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
The fickleness of love is easy when you don't really know a person, butterflies in the stomach, A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, betrayal is the end of it.
I know this one well@betrayal

Reactions: lv-gras and PatKat
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
Life is a free cake,

Reactions: RM5998 and Sun Stealer
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Life is a free cake,

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

the-cake-is-a-lie.jpg

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
what´ with happiness?
Is happiness a lie, too? :O

Yes it is. Happiness is felt when there is a total relief from physical and mental anguish thus giving an illusion of joy.
It doesn't last long before something distracts it away.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Morning Angel and FadedMemory
Slacker

Slacker

Aug 17, 2018
Reactions: Miss clefable and lv-gras
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
It is real. Hit your thumb with a hammer and you instantly create it.

You cannot instantly create happiness. It arrives randomly, never arrives for some and is as temporary as a rainbow when it does.

Last edited:
Reactions: RM5998, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Morning Angel and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Depending on what we mean by life yes it can be a lie. The way human view things are mostly lies. Biological chemicals make you feel and act differently while reality is a different thing. One keep lying to themselves to be distracted and continue their life, its just a biological function to avoid death, without lies it will be clear how life really is and the rational escape will be hard thing to do to most people. Reality is a very hard thing to accept and many will escape and call it negative.

Reactions: here4now, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Life is a lie....love is a lie.

I have often thought if I was in the wedding biz and had my own venue...when everything was over, I would be compelled to say:

Love is a lie...thank you come again!
They are both lies and just cause pain.

M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018

You cannot instantly create happiness. It arrives randomly, never arrives for some and is as temporary as a rainbow when it does.
Poetic way to put it....

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Slacker

Slacker

Aug 17, 2018

Good one.

But: If you can create something instantly or not doesn't make it real or unreal.

Reactions: lv-gras
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Life is shit, what a suprise.

Reactions: lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals