N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I followed your advice and told my psychiatrist more explicitly about my suicidality. I did not tell everything but more than usual. I told her if my life ends in poverty and will go on to fail like in the past i plan to commit a rational suicide. I think she was kind of surprised. She seemed to be quite sad. But in the following conversation she never asked more about my suicidality which I did not expect. She tried to give me hope, i told her what I want to try in order to avoid my suicide. However I admitted that I think the chances anything will succeed are quite low.
I did not expect any solutions from her. I just try almost anything in order to avoid my suicide. I follow the advices of many people. I try to talk to the smartest people i know for any solution. Nevertheless my problems seem unsolvable. But i keep trying...

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicideAwaits, LunarPyotr, http-410 and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, at least you got it off your chest and fortunately, she doesn't seem to be the typical psychiatrist who will just send you to a psych ward.
Well done!

Reactions: SuicideAwaits, LittleBabyNothing and noname223
x_LittleAmy_x

x_LittleAmy_x

Student
Mar 18, 2021
I followed your advice and told my psychiatrist more explicitly about my suicidality. I did not tell everything but more than usual. I told her if my life ends in poverty and will go on to fail like in the past i plan to commit a rational suicide. I think she was kind of surprised. She seemed to be quite sad. But in the following conversation she never asked more about my suicidality which I did not expect. She tried to give me hope, i told her what I want to try in order to avoid my suicide. However I admitted that I think the chances anything will succeed are quite low.
I did not expect any solutions from her. I just try almost anything in order to avoid my suicide. I follow the advices of many people. I try to talk to the smartest people i know for any solution. Nevertheless my problems seem unsolvable. But i keep trying...
Definitely a good thing that you opened up about it. Well done x

Reactions: LittleBabyNothing and noname223
hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
That sounds really brave to me! Maybe she also has to think about it and find ways to incorporate into the sessions without asking you any explicit questions. That being the reason why she did not mention it again.

I don't think I am going to open up to my therapist about it though. But I am thinking of sending her an email explaining myself a little bit after I ctb.

Reactions: SuicideAwaits and LittleBabyNothing
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Well, at least you got it off your chest and fortunately, she doesn't seem to be the typical psychiatrist who will just send you to a psych ward.
Well done!
I like her a lot. In my country they only can send you to the psych ward if you are acute suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I was talking to my cpn about suicide this afternoon. As she asked me what stops me and I told her 1) I'm scared of ending up a vegetable and 2) I'm scared you come back again after you die. She seemed to be okay with this which is good.

Reactions: sadbadpsychogirl