B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I've been on the brink due to losing the past decade in every way imaginable. I lost it to fatigue and brain fog that has made academics/work/exercise impossible. And why did I lose it? My own incompetence? Depression? Social anxiety? Childhood trauma?

Or...just a sleep disorder. Sleep apnea to be precise.

My 20s lost. A simple test. Need to do more tests, but it seems to be likely this.

The doctors refused because I am young and slim and depressed. So I just got my own test. So much for mOdeRn MedIcInE.

If you haven't already, please get extensive medical tests to rule out things that can save your life.

(I still might ctb anyway because of the impact the lost decade has had).

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, lobster salad and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My sleep disorder certainly was the reason why my depression and bipolar disorder got much worse than they were before.
I hadn't been able to sleep properly for years until 1 month ago, when a new psych I'm seeing, prescribed me a new med: quetiapine.

Quetiapine 25mg is simply changing my life because I'm able to sleep 6-8 hours and that's a lot for me. I always go to bed about 1am and some time ago, I went to be at 2pm, woke up at 4pm, then didn't sleep for 2 days and so on. I was really a mess.

My best advice is that you try to get some medication because without it, it will be almost impossible to sleep like a normal human being.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
My sleep disorder certainly was the reason why my depression and bipolar disorder got much worse than they were before.
I hadn't been able to sleep properly for years until 1 month ago, when a new psych I'm seeing, prescribed me a new med: quetiapine.

Quetiapine 25mg is simply changing my life because I'm able to sleep 6-8 hours and that's a lot for me. I always go to bed about 1am and some time ago, I went to be at 2pm, woke up at 4pm, then didn't sleep for 2 days and so on. I was really a mess.

My best advice is that you try to get some medication because without it, it will be almost impossible to sleep like a normal human being.
My sleep disorder is not just regular insomnia, it's sleep apnea. I would need a breathing machine or surgery.

• Aww..
Reactions: WornOutLife