Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
I've compiled a short list of people who have jumped to their death. These are all building jumps. This is to help with questions about if the height is enough. Plus people like to post about people who have jumped and survived so I'm just trying to create a balance and help convince myself that it can be done. You can Google "suicide jumping" click on "news" tab to view the actual articles.
I've listed them by age, gender and stories/floor of jump.

73 male 63rd floor
66 male 6th floor
24 male 6th floor
46 female 6th floor
51 male 6th floor
35 female 3rd floor
40's male 8th floor
31 male 14th floor
60 female 15th floor
27 male 24th floor
34 female 4th floor
42 female 16 floor

I plan on 16 stories. Fingers crossed.

• Informative
Reactions: losing hope and Tears in Rain
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best of luck with your plans, I certainly envy and admire those with the courage for this method, those who managed to succeed certainly were so fortunate to me.

annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
I'm considering jumping from a rooftop bar on the 17th floor of a hotel but I'm worried it's not enough height

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Wow, third floor? That's like winning the lottery. I drunkenly fell from a third story window unintentionally and only messed up my back for months. Dang!
Nice research work though, thanks for putting this together

• Wow
Reactions: Anri_wants_peace, Deleted member 82921 and Lookoutbelow
Baron

Baron

Is there a meaning to anything?
Jun 29, 2023
I'm considering jumping from a rooftop bar on the 17th floor of a hotel but I'm worried it's not enough height
I think the more relevant aspect is how you hit the ground. You can easily die from 8 meters, if you hit a good surface head first. Im more afraid of messing that up. Id say if you jump from the 17th floor onto concrete, even if you hit the ground with your belly or back, it will probaly kill you.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow and raindrops
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I keep wondering if 341ft onto rocks and shallow water will be enough, how many stories would that be?

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Wow, third floor? That's like winning the lottery. I drunkenly fell from a third story window unintentionally and only messed up my back for months. Dang!
Nice research work though, thanks for putting this together
I know, 3rd floor! I almost didn't include it because it is such an outlier.

Soc

Soc

Dec 9, 2023
I'm thinking my flat will be on the 9th floor. Might not be enuf to kill me so was thinking of making it a looong drop hang. Rope will break my neck and if that fails, the fall will do the rest. Sound good?

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 82921
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
I was looking for bridges to jump from in my country. There is this one which is at +1100 feet, something like 100 stories.

That's what I would call a long drop.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Looks like as long as it's at least 150ft up, you're good to go.

View attachment 125299
Yep, 150ft seems to be the general consensus for death by jumping. 16 stories should be a minimum of 160ft. Each floor of a highrise is between 10ft and 15ft.

Reactions: losing hope and MatrixPrisoner