gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
I decided to get into some reading and honestly after playing over 400 hours of ultrakill I've finally bought the book the games based off and started reading it. Honestly the ideology of hell being different layers is quite interesting. If u could go to any layer. What layer of hell would you go to and why?

• Love
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and Alexei_Kirillov
meltskelt

meltskelt

who?
Aug 11, 2023
I decided to get into some reading and honestly after playing over 400 hours of ultrakill I've finally bought the book the games based off and started reading it. Honestly the ideology of hell being different layers is quite interesting. If u could go to any layer. What layer of hell would you go to and why?
probably 7 because I would have died by suicide lol ( + I have ed so it's a combo) wbu?

gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
probably 7 because I would have died by suicide lol ( + I have ed so it's a combo) wbu?
Lmao understandable. I'd probably end up there as well. Tbh I'd like to see the first three tho. They seem the most interesting to me.

meltskelt

meltskelt

who?
Aug 11, 2023
Lmao understandable. I'd probably end up there as well. Tbh I'd like to see the first three tho. They seem the most interesting to me.
to have a conversation with some philosophers lol
But as we go down you could say " can I stop here for some minutes?" - that would be great. Tbh I don't know if the book would be good... It's kind of a big poem

Reactions: gnarly
gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
to have a conversation with some philosophers lol
But as we go down you could say " can I stop here for some minutes?" - that would be great. Tbh I don't know if the book would be good... It's kind of a big poem
I think poetry is nice so I honestly I don't mind it. It's probably not the greatest book to start with but I'm enjoying it well and that's all that matters. all though I just have to figure out what book I'm gonna pick next. Any suggestions?

meltskelt

meltskelt

who?
Aug 11, 2023
I think poetry is nice so I honestly I don't mind it. It's probably not the greatest book to start with but I'm enjoying it well and that's all that matters. all though I just have to figure out what book I'm gonna pick next. Any suggestions?
also from Dante? Or other writer?

gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
try reading Dostoevsky! I like Poor people a lot, but others also recommend notes from the undergroud
alright then. I'll give it a shot after I finish up inferno. Thx for the conversation btw. Been needing to socialize more

• Love
Reactions: meltskelt
meltskelt

meltskelt

who?
Aug 11, 2023
alright then. I'll give it a shot after I finish up inferno. Thx for the conversation btw. Been needing to socialize more
if you decide to talk more anytime I'm always free, so just pm me

Reactions: gnarly
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Been wanting to read Inferno for a while but was too intimidated by the fact that it's poetry lol, have you found that to be a significant barrier?

I'm not sure which layer I'd like to "visit" but I think if I went to hell I'd probably go to the avarice/greed layer for my extreme frugality.

gnarly

gnarly

Rest in Peace
Sep 24, 2024
Been wanting to read Inferno for a while but was too intimidated by the fact that it's poetry lol, have you found that to be a significant barrier?

I'm not sure which layer I'd like to "visit" but I think if I went to hell I'd probably go to the avarice/greed layer for my extreme frugality.
Not at all. Some parts can be difficult to read but overall the poetry is nice.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
Are you reading just the Inferno bit or all of the Divine Comedy? I really want to read it, I feel like it's an essential text to read to understand literature. In the same vein, I also want to read Paradise Lost, but I've heard it's super difficult.