P

painofzed

Dec 15, 2021
I live in the US, so just anytime I want I can go buy a gun and it can all be over. Lately the temptation is getting greater and I am certain it is just a matter of time, the only complication is I have to be ready to go through with it as soon as I buy the gun because otherwise my wife will discover I have purchased one due to the missing money. I have also just been thinking about saving up a little bit here and there until I have enough to buy one and then hiding it so I can access it anytime I want. I need to handy for when I'm having a really bad day with my depression because then I'm sure I'll be able to go through with it no problem.

• Hugs
Reactions: iloveloving, SackOfCrap445, LifeQuitter and 1 other person
coolgal82

coolgal82

she/her, terminally silly :3
Sep 10, 2024
How hard is it to get a gun in america? can you really just easily go and get one like that? do they do like background checks for mental health and such?

Reactions: Dai
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you'd feel relief at that, I wish you the best.

Reactions: skylight7
P

painofzed

Dec 15, 2021
How hard is it to get a gun in america? can you really just easily go and get one like that? do they do like background checks for mental health and such?
I can walk into a gun store today and walk out with a 12 gauge shotgun same day since I have no criminal background. I do have quite and extensive mental health history but that is all between myself and my doctor, they don't even have a way to check it since I've never been forced to be checked into a mental institution. It's just another sign of how little they care about people in this country. In the state I'm in I should never be allowed to be in the same room as a gun, but they'll just let me buy any one I want. If you go to a gun show there are even less checks, its honestly crazy and it's why there are so many shootings in this country.
I understand why you'd feel relief at that, I wish you the best.
Thank you for the kind words, you're always so active on here, I hope you too one day find the peace you deserve.

• Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter and Lulu Sun
ThatGuyOverThere

ThatGuyOverThere

David Benatar Enjoyer
Apr 25, 2024
I wish it was that easy in the UK, we need to spend month being interviewed by police, and having copious amounts of background checks, just to be able to even own an over and under two shot, shotgun. We also need to be able to justify our reasons for owning one, like being in a gun club, or being a farmer.

I want to CTB with a firearm, and I have found multiple online instructions for homemade one's which should hopefully do the job. Though it still however sucks that I can't just walk into a gun shop, and walk out with one in about under a week, like you guys in the US can.

L

losingsteam3141

Grad Student USA
Aug 30, 2024
In my state I just need a drivers license from the same state with current address. I fill out a quick form and they run a basic background check that lasts a few seconds and Im good to go. It is kinda crazy how easy it is and tbh it should be made harder but for my own selfish reasons Im thankful for this. I bought handgun recently and its been oddly relieving knowing I don't have any more hoops to jump though when I feel like its time.

Reactions: Lulu Sun
deafening

deafening

so loud
Sep 21, 2023
I have the gun in my hand right now it won't do me any good if I never pull the trigger.

J

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
I can walk into a gun store today and walk out with a 12 gauge shotgun same day since I have no criminal background. I do have quite and extensive mental health history but that is all between myself and my doctor, they don't even have a way to check it since I've never been forced to be checked into a mental institution. It's just another sign of how little they care about people in this country. In the state I'm in I should never be allowed to be in the same room as a gun, but they'll just let me buy any one I want. If you go to a gun show there are even less checks, its honestly crazy and it's why there are so many shootings in this country.

Thank you for the kind words, you're always so active on here, I hope you too one day find the peace you deserve.
Wait... are you actually saying you want to ctb with a gun and in the next breath that America should have stronger gun laws? It is not the governments responsibility to stop people from ctb. Or to 2nd guess what you want to do with a gun. If anything America needs to make I easier to ctb.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
P

painofzed

Dec 15, 2021
Wait... are you actually saying you want to ctb with a gun and in the next breath that America should have stronger gun laws? It is not the governments responsibility to stop people from ctb. Or to 2nd guess what you want to do with a gun. If anything America needs to make I easier to ctb.
I'm saying America should have stronger gun laws because too often here people walk into a gun store and then walk out with a weapon of war and use it to shoot a bunch of people who aren't looking to CTB.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Many I really envy (some) Americans for being able to buy guns just like that. Shooting myself would be my preferred method, but... guns are highly illegal here.